HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

tc rear sway bar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:21 am    Post subject: tc rear sway bar Reply with quote

I have been looking at putting an adjustable sway bar in my TC but my car dont have mounts for it. i have a TG just sitting at home that im wrecking at the moment and was wondering if I just cut the mounts off the bottom of the car and just welded it onto my car would this do the trick or is there an easier way. Has anyone done this before?

CHEERS
JOSH
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: tc rear sway bar Reply with quote

Yep, been done before on gemini series cars, fairly straigt-forward to do... although may I make a suggestion, also put a plate on the underside of the floorpan to spread the load as the factory rear swaybar mount has been known to fail.

Alternatively you could just entirely custom make the mount to the same dimension as the factory item, grab yourself some appropriate nuts, some decently thick steel plate, an angle grinder, mig welder and bob is your uncle.
Lobo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: tc rear sway bar Reply with quote

yeah i been interested in putting some on my te but havent really looked into it much...any info?
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: tc rear sway bar Reply with quote

my TX has a aftermarket kit on the rear doesnt look to flash but apparently it does the job
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: tc rear sway bar Reply with quote

whats this after market kit who makes it?

CHEERS
JOSH
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: tc rear sway bar Reply with quote

cheers for the info

actualy bill is my uncle

JOSH
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: tc rear sway bar Reply with quote

i think whiteline do
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: