HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gearbox rear oil seal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 6:01 pm    Post subject: Gearbox rear oil seal Reply with quote

24_It is a damn smart idea to change your gearbox rear oil seal (and throwout bearing) whenever you have your box out of the car, you will kick yourself if you don't and they die a day later, I know, I did.

My tip is this, when looking around for something to spread the load while tapping the rear seal in I laid hands upon a crankshaft fan belt pulley, the hole was slightly larger than perfect but it was still endlessly useful.

Photos soon
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: the crankshaft pulley Reply with quote

when u go to whack the seal in take off the pulley and use the shaft that is left it makes it easier to use.
rodeo bob
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: spigot bearing Reply with quote

replace the spigot bearing too. especialy if u commute in your car. ive seen a lot of stuffed ones in my time and they wreck the end of the input shaft. its a good idea to get some good water proof grease (copper based is best) and liberaly smear it on the input spline, thrust bearing slide and clutch pivot ball. dont forget to lubricate that new output seal either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Transmission All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: