HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Inlet maifold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birch
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 10:23 am    Post subject: Inlet maifold Reply with quote

I have a td wagon with a bored out 1.8 with a bigger cam and 32/36 webber i heard that grinding out the inlet manifold gives a better flow and more power is only a small amount is this true and if so can i do it myself. i have had a little practice on similar projects myself.
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Inlet manifold Reply with quote

good for you.

if you do this, you wont notice much of a difference with a 32/36.

if you are so worried about flow, go to an auto engineer and get him to make and certify a custom inlet manifold.

scared yet?
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Inlet maifold Reply with quote

and be careful about getting the flow too good, ie too laminar in a n/a intake manifold.
Simmo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Inlet maifold Reply with quote

Umm, it does help a bit, but its whether or not you can be bothered for the minimal gains, i did it cause i had an inlet manifold lying round and i was bored, so i gave it a bash with the grinder.

if you haven't already seen it, check out Bens web site on the subject, very handy.

http://www.giant.net.au/users/wight

Cheers Simmo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: