HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Noisy Cam?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DcYpHeR
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Noisy Cam? Reply with quote

Hey kids,
Today i put in a reground cam i had and it has increased the power of the car but there is this fuken anoying kind of rattle coming from the rockers. Is this coz they are movign more promptly with the cam? is there anyway to fix this coz its really loud even inside the car.

Thanx
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Noisy Cam? Reply with quote

are u sure all the rockers are done up to the correct tension?
DcYpHeR
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Noisy Cam? Reply with quote

yeh. the set is in tightly and the valves are right.
joeblow
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Noisy Cam? Reply with quote

you're stuck with it just as I am...even spoke to crow and they say it's inherent with gemini reground cams Sad
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Noisy Cam? Reply with quote

my engine rebuilder said that cams with aggressive profiles will make a rocker noise no matter what.......
DR_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Noisy Cam? Reply with quote

U might wanna look into it. Obviously we cant tell how bad it is rattling but that is caused from your tappet clearances. Since you've had a reground the clearances would most likely have changed (depending on how radical the regrind is)
Be careful, cos too far out tappet clearances can burn and in some cases bend your valves, meaning your head will need reco.

cheers
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Noisy Cam? Reply with quote

Mine's noisey too since I put in a steeper cam. If it's really loud then perhaps your tappet clearences need doing but its better to have them slightly loose than too tight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: