HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ball joints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edgie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: ball joints Reply with quote

any one seen them break before i broke the ball joint thing on the top wish bone on my tc bush basher shes fucked now did more damage towing it out then crashing it \

just wondered if any ones seen it happen before also the split pin broke on the tie rod bolt and that came undone once too

edgie

also anyone wanna buy any parts in south tassie
TGNVD247
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ball joints Reply with quote

hey im from tassie too! what parts have u got?
need fuel flap with good hinges
boot lid in good nick with lock
and heaps of other stuff
where abouts down south r u?
cheers
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: ball joints Reply with quote

yeah seen that. If people are very careless when removing them they can put hairline marks on the taper and this leads to them shearing. Also if there is a bit of movement in them they can work harden and shatter.
edgie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: ball joints Reply with quote

yeah i got the fuel flap with hinges and ive got a boot lid but it hasnt got a lock im in geeveston in the huon valley
edgie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: ball joints Reply with quote

yeah it was scary shit haveing one break while i had the old girl crossed up round a corner at bout 60 clicks and the ball joint breaks, got bout 2 meteres air cos my friend was following and he saw it , stopped against a rock and split a fuel line when it landed
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: ball joints Reply with quote

Yeah this happened to me once. About a week getting the beast i ran it up a gutter and broke the stearing arm and stub axle. about a year later after work on night i was pulling out of the car park and the whole right hand side dropped on it's nuts hey. The bottom ball joint snapped completely off the wishbone. i would have been doing maybe 5km/h tops, it worried me to wonder what if i'd been cruising down the highway! scary stuff those call joints! fortunatley, minimal damage and a tow truck bill.
edgie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ball joints Reply with quote

yeah there must be a few dodgey ball joints on cars around the placce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: