HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

attention : GOLD TX SLEEPER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: attention : GOLD TX SLEEPER Reply with quote

ok, ive just read your reply you posed earlyier on today...

now im seriously thinking about selling this t3 turbo and buying a t28 as you mentioned.
also ive heard that the t28 is a better turbo than the t25 since it spins on bearings.

and the only reason for all this is because off the turbo lag im worried about getting with the t3 comparied too the t28...

actually last nite my dads friend took me for a drive in his turboed saab... and i wasnt very impressed with the "off the mark performance"... but extreamly impressed with the longroad highway performance...

i really dont want too be stranded at the lights for a few seconds while the other opponent gets a few good car lengths ahead off me before i attempt too catch up.

u also said that the t28 needs no more than around 0.5 too 0.8 bar... Wat does this mean???
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: attention : GOLD TX SLEEPER Reply with quote

The saabs were notoroius for turbo lag, take a spin in something like an Audi A4 1.8T, which had really good low down torque. Theres basically two types of power delivery from a turbo - heaps of low down torque that you get from a small turbo charger, or top end rush from a bigger, higher boosting turbo.

BAR is a measure of boost, same as PSI.
1bar is about 15psi i think, so .5 would be 7psi.

Hope that helps, cheers
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: attention : GOLD TX SLEEPER Reply with quote

yeh cheers that helped a bit more

i was just chattting too a dude and he recons that the rb20 turbs is not that much bigger than the t28 and hasnt even got as much turbo lag as the t28 does....

wat do u recon off that 1?
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: attention : GOLD TX SLEEPER Reply with quote

I would have to agree with that although the lag would probably be a little more not really noticable though. Just go with the RB turbo if your not planning on running high boost as they have ceramic exhaust wheels.
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: attention : GOLD TX SLEEPER Reply with quote

oh ok . cheers mate.. i think that ill continue with my RB20 setup now... since i know, that there isnt really much difference in the t28 setup anyway... Smile
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: attention : GOLD TX SLEEPER Reply with quote

u can get a t25 and t28 with out bearings and with. money is the factor. if u want a pre-mo t25 get on of a s15 200sx. cost around $700 but there awsum
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: attention : GOLD TX SLEEPER Reply with quote

there t28s arent they im pretty sure they r
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: attention : GOLD TX SLEEPER Reply with quote

opps. my bad.
yeah t28

t28 is the same size as a to3 anyways
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:49 am    Post subject: ROD Reply with quote

what is your t03 off?
what size exhaust does it have??
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: ROD Reply with quote

gene he has an rb20. They are smallish t3's - equal to a t25 in size "apparently", with a t3 flange. I will be using something similar on my engine - as they are cheap as chips to buy. Heres a pic of one compared to the stock IHI off a piazza - http://home.iprimus.com.au/bobarmst/piazza/turbos.jpg

I think the new turbo will provide lots more power - dont u!
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: ROD Reply with quote

gene -

the t03 is off a RB20 engine...

And the dump pipe off the turbo is 2.5inch
ive got a 2inch exhaust at the moment and thinking off making up a little exhaust link too connect too the end off the turbo too the existing 2inch exhaust.

than going 2.5 or 3" in the future. $200 buks with turbo mufflers.
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ROD Reply with quote

oh ok sweet!

well im happy now since ive gotten fresh information about the t3. things are looking up. *thumbs up

and their also cheep as chips! cool! because apparently ive heard that their the 1st thing that the skyline fans upgrade, usually too a t3/4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: