HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Output of G200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Output of G200 Reply with quote

G'day,
Just got my G200 dyno tuned.

Specs
G200, rebuilt not too long ago
mild cam
crap 4-2-1 extractors 2" system
32/36 Weber

74 Rear Wheel Horse Power @ 4900RPM in 3rd

I was hoping for a little more, like 85-90, but since I'm only keeping this car till I get my DOHC car built, I'm happy with it. It definately goes a shitload harder than the 1600, and it does spin the wheels easily.

Anyway, thought someone might be interested.
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Output of G200 Reply with quote

That is a little surprising, when 74hp works out to be 55kw. My warm G161 was putting out close to 60kw at the rears. I understand that the G200 would have a sh!tload more torque, but still... maybe my dyno was a bit optimistic Very Happy

I would be interested to give mine a run, the only differences between yours and mine being a TX head, Genie extractors, lightened flywheel and elec ignition.

Most of the crew around here have made the point that G200s start to run out of steam about 4500rpm. Your peak of 4900rpm would make sense for a warm engine.

My G161 peaked at 5500rpm before the cam was done. The G200 gets to about 5000rpm and wants to take off again. I have only run to 5500rpm so far and it still feels like going.

3rd gear is a top gear, almost my favourite. 2nd stil takes the cake though, especially round town, ride the torque curve!

Cheers
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Output of G200 Reply with quote

Yeah, I forgot to mention mine has a 1600 head, so it'll have slightly higher compression than stock.

The HP curve doesn't drop off much at all till 5500rpm, just the peak was 4900.

And I agree, 2nd is my favourite gear too, pulls so nicely.
champo
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Output of G200 Reply with quote

Hey guys, my 2L is pretty stock, its 40 thou over, weber (not sure what size)extractors, 2.5" exhaust. It goes okay, but my old g161 had a mild cam, and the same exhaust, overbore, carby and went better? Im havin a bit of trouble with the clutch biting, its a g161 flywheel, pressure plate and clutch plate, could this be the prob? ne way, I was wonderin if ne of u guys could tell me what sort of cam u r runnin? it'd be of great help, thanks.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Output of G200 Reply with quote

im running a g200 as well. it made 108hp at the wheels at 5200 rpm and stayed the same (both hp and torque) til 5700rpm. after that she drops at a steady rate. according to the desktop dyno it was only 3hp off what we predicted!

not a revvy engine but torquey.

cheers
mooch
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Output of G200 Reply with quote

I was all sorts of problems with the clutch on my G200 aswell, with it not releasing when your foot is all the way to the floor on the clutch pedal. What I did was move the pivot point of the lever arm inside the bellhousing of the gearbox forward. I did this by placing washers behind the bolt that it pivots on. This causes the arm to push the bearing in further into the pressure plate.

You could do that, or just buy a second-hand (or new) G200 clutch and pressure plate
TGNVD247
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Output of G200 Reply with quote

how much is a g200 clutch and pressure plate approx.
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Output of G200 Reply with quote

Probably like $120 or something? Dunno, phone somewhere and ask them. If you are anywhere near Ipswich, I've found the best place (for stock and prices) is Walkers Auto One or something... starts with Walkers anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: