HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Valve springs...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Valve springs... Reply with quote

Hey people

I stripped down my big vanve head today off my 1.6L getting it ready to go on the brand new G180 block and when I unbolted the rocker gear and cleaned the head up a bit a found that my outter valve springs were a bit loose... Not loose as such but i can move them around??? I have been running this head with a stage 3 crow cam and I'm wondering if the lift of the cam has squashed the valve springs???

Thanks, Josh WA
ExGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Valve springs... Reply with quote

That is more than likely what has caused it. With a big lift cam you should always run heavy duty springs in Gemini engines I have found that double falcon 250 springs are the best.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Valve springs... Reply with quote

Thanks man, I'll have to look into that one. Crow cams make a set of h/d valve springs for $40 so thats probley why they make then

cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Valve springs... Reply with quote

get rr4 double valve springs.
i could rev to 7000rpm with out any valve bounce using these springs and a big cam
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Valve springs... Reply with quote

$40????

Mine cost $100. Who quoted you that price?

Ben
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Valve springs... Reply with quote

yeah that dont sound right. my rr4's were $90 (cost price threw my bro's buisness)

$40 for maybe stock or 2nd hand. lol
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Valve springs... Reply with quote

i think they make high pressure ones and even higher pressure ones. i can't remember the pressure rates, but i got quoted about $60 and $80 respectively.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Valve springs... Reply with quote

Crow cams make whats called a heavy duty valve spring, thats the only one they have in their catalogue for a gemini.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: RR4 Valve springs... Reply with quote

Gene, whats the go with the RR4 valve springs ? Is that the brand name ? Where can they be sourced ? AutoBarn etc..
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: RR4 Valve springs... Reply with quote

yeah there a brand. i got em threw my brother. i will find out where u can get em and let u know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: