HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

My 2L is alive!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: My 2L is alive! Reply with quote

Finally screwed the 2L together on the weekend. Went together really well, nice and tight. Took her for a drive last night out to a saleyard complex out of town. She is damn quick, maaay much fasterer than the G161. I estimate 0-100 time of less than 10 seconds.

Can anyone can give me an estimate of power output given the following spec?

- G200 with 40thou pistons (lighter, lower height)
- Lightened and balanced flywheel
- Early TX head, shaved to max
- Reground TX cam with lump
- 32/36 Weber, modified inlet manifold
- Genie extractors
- Electronic ignition

She spins in circles in second gear without a hint of hassle, response at any revs is pretty awesome. The only problem I see at the moment is a slight flat spot just before the secondary opens. This can be fixed by either re-jetting the 32/36 or going for a 34/34.

Cheers
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: My 2L is alive! Reply with quote

the engine i just droppped in on friday to my car is of the exact same specs and i too have a small flat spot with the 32 36
still it goes damn hard
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: My 2L is alive! Reply with quote

What compression are you running?

My 2L is of similar specs but with twin sidedraught 40mm webers. Comp is 11:1 with a TX head but looking to drop it down to 10:1 to run PULP.
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: My 2L is alive! Reply with quote

Hmmm, I have a big flat spot just before secondaries on my G200 with 32/36
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: My 2L is alive! Reply with quote

Same thing, I would say between 10:1 and 10.5:1. She cranks hard on the starter indicating a high comp, and the timing has been retarded a little to combat pinging.

Twin sidedraught Webers would be nice, thinking I will go EFI next after the 34ADM.

Cheers
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: My 2L is alive! Reply with quote

Sounds like we all have the same problem. Go to the wrecker this weekend and buy yourselves a 34/34 off a Falcon. I'll be doing exactly the same thing, I have run out of jets for the 32/36.

Compared to the 1.6 it is still bliss Smile
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: My 2L is alive! Reply with quote

My car is getting tuned on a dyno tomorrow at 8am
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: My 2L is alive! Reply with quote

wat is the compression ratio for a stock G200? is it 8:1?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: