HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gemi Suspension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Gemi Suspension Reply with quote

ok everyone knows when ya slammin ya gem with that gringer, the ball joints can be a bitch, well we belted em and they broke this i knew would happen, sam with tie rod ends, now tie rod end should be a simple swap but i aint sure on how to got the ball joints out to put my new ones in, anyone can feel free to tell me how to do this, as this is one thing i have to do to make it to that cruise, i also have to raise it like 2 inches with my ne standard but re cut springs, this should be a prob.
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemi Suspension Reply with quote

you got new stock springs and cut them? good work

ball joints you unbolt, and take out
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemi Suspension Reply with quote

the bottom ones u press out
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Gemi Suspension Reply with quote

u have to take the lower control arms to a suspension shop an dhave them pressed out and the new ones pressed in.

u fucked all ya ball joints... WTF. iv done it so manytimes and never fucked one ball joint.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemi Suspension Reply with quote

i had to raise my supension b4 it went to the spray shop so it would be easier to get the sill panels... so i just wanted to swap the suspension asap, but anyway, its the lower ball joints, so they have to be pressed out, how much will that set me back to have done???
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemi Suspension Reply with quote

cost me

$10 to press each one out and $10 to press each one in.

plus the n3w ball joint.

for $40+ 2 new ball joints
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemi Suspension Reply with quote

u can press em in yaself i took my control arm off cos i tried puttin em in when the control arm was still bolted in had trouble ...its is not possible soo took it off found a metal pipe that fitted sweet around casing of ball joint then hit the old one out wit a hammer then hit new one in and was sweet took a while too put control arm bac in but still managed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: