HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

commodore springs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: commodore springs Reply with quote

I know cutting springs is dodgy but if I chop some commodore springs instead of gemini springs is that going to be less dodgy? is it a better ride? I've got lovells springs in the back of mine but they just aint low enough so I was going to try some chopped commodore and see what they're like.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: commodore springs Reply with quote

no comment Smile

everyone will yell at me Smile hehe

chopped springs is bad. dangerous.. i dunno i had my car on the bump stops for 2 years and never had em fall out once. but it is posbale. and cos theres no travel the diff bottems out so much causing my chassis rails in my boot to snap
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: commodore springs Reply with quote

Try getting the lovells resized, not exactly cheap but the spring will still work as it should so you shouldnt have any probs... Cutting springs is not recommended, it actually degrades performance rather than enhancing it which is why you lower a car... Unless you just want fooooollllly Sik man...
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: commodore springs Reply with quote

True, cut springs end up sagging because the spring tension craps itself. Springs are set at a certain tension for X amount of coils.

Cut springs sag inwards on the front and cause handling to go up the shitter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: