HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Attn Goons
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Attn Goons Reply with quote

Goons i found a pic of the 4XC1 engine turboed. http://www.isuzucarclub.com.au/Lategem.htm
Is that fuel injected? I would'nt mind just doing that to my car.

TuFf
TGNVD247
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Goons Reply with quote

yes fuel injected
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Goons Reply with quote

yeah mate theyre injected. either im waaaaaay wrong or they stuffed up-
4xc1= carby
4xe1= injected
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Goons Reply with quote

would it cost much to get it fuel injected? Or would it be just as good having it as a Turbo Carby? I would'nt mind a RB Hatch from Japan.. Look sweet.

TuFf
peanut buttered
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Goons Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the 4XE1 was the engine out of the Gemini JT. The 4XE1 is a sweet engine and will kick the 4XC1 all the way to the kerb.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Goons Reply with quote

too right
4xc1t= 95 ish kw
4xe1t= 134kw

oooh yeah
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Goons Reply with quote

whatever it would cost, it wouldnt be worth it on the stocko engine
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Goons Reply with quote

Goons is it just me or is there afew tail lights for the RB going around? the SLX ones i have and afew different types of SLE ones?

TuFf
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Goons Reply with quote

If i can get the rust repaired in the back for less than $800 i will do it but if not... I might get rid of her... place ur bids boys lol

TuFf
peanut buttered
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Goons Reply with quote

Do u guys like the darker SLE or the clear SLX tail lights? Also I'm finding it really hard to find parts for the RB, dam holden for stoping production so soon. Because the RB is a rarish car no other company other than holden really make any parts to suit them.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Goons Reply with quote

There are afew in Sydney. I have only been to 2 wreckers and they have afew. If i had the money they would all be shells! Tell me what your looking for and i can post it to you if you want?

TuFf
peanut buttered
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Goons Reply with quote

thanks but my friend has an SLX that he's giving me, because he blew his engine up in his SLE. When he went to buy parts for his SLE after the engine blew, and it was cheaper to buy another RB than to buy the parts. So he bought an SLX for $700 and is currently changing the engine over to sell his SLE. He has a new commodore now and doesn't want the SLX without the engine, so he's giving it to me for spares.

JT Gemini engine specs

engine: 4XE1 DOHC 16 Valve Multi EFI Turbo with intercooler
Bore/Stroke: 80.0x79.0
Compression ratio: 8.5
HP(PS)/rpm: 180/6600 (134Kw)
Torque N.m /rpm: 207/4800
transmission: 5 speed manual
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Goons Reply with quote

pretty hard to get those JT gemini's

www.altaimports.com(.au?)

they arent cheap after compliancing etc but FARK they are cheap over there

decent one for $1000!!!!AU
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Goons Reply with quote

i am going to buy a set of SLE coz a incident with a idiot uncle and a golf ball is now letting water into the light housing and stuffing it up.
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Goons Reply with quote

4XC1-t was the SOHC efi turbo version used in the earlier models (jap spec rbs with aus spec fronts, known as JT150)

4XE1-t was DOHC 1.6l efi turbo, as used in the JT185 (later model RB, different front to aus spec) also in the JT geminis and lotus elan.

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: