HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

wheel offset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: wheel offset Reply with quote

Ok, so i've searched the forums and concluded that ET38 will fit. IT was saying an offset of +38, does this mean that anything 38 and above will fit, and nothing under? Is that the same for wheels of 15", 16" and 17"?
thanks, zep
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: wheel offset Reply with quote

ET38 is a good size, but you can use other sizes, just dont go to High or low. Im not sure what the limits are though.
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: wheel offset Reply with quote

gemi rwd offset should be +25
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: wheel offset Reply with quote

Match that offset with a decent width wheel and the tyre will scrape the gaurd.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: wheel offset Reply with quote

By "that" offset do you mean +25 or +38. Coz without the pos 38 offset you cant get 17"s under the gemi guards without problems.
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: wheel offset Reply with quote

By "that" I meant ET25 offset. I had ET38 with 6 1/2 inch (I think) wide wheels and they had plenty of room on both sides, at one point I had 215's on the back with room to go bigger.
Gem_A9R
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: wheel offset Reply with quote

I running 17x7.5" All round with 42mm Offset and they dont rub(Only Full Lock Slighty) and my Gem is 10mm Off Bump Stops and I dont have a Adjustable Panhard Rod or Flared Guards(Slight Inner Rolling of Guard only).
But as everyone said to got 16' or bigger ya need at least 38mm offset, I prefer 40mm-45mm. But having a Offset like that there is a Problem with ya Tyre hitting the Shock when Jacked Up, But the do clear by a Country Mile when Back on the Ground.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: