HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WHY DONT COPS LIKe TWIN WEBBERS???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemicrusier
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: WHY DONT COPS LIKe TWIN WEBBERS??? Reply with quote

like it says why dont cops like them whats wrong with them. Are they illegal??? i got a set on my gem and got my mod plate 4 the engine with them on there. Whats the go anyone???

thanx.
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: WHY DONT COPS LIKe TWIN WEBBERS??? Reply with quote

To run the twin webers (one B) you have to disconnect the egr valve, which is against the law (I think its alright to run them on pre-EGR TX's though.
gemicrusier
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: WHY DONT COPS LIKe TWIN WEBBERS??? Reply with quote

ive got them on a rodeo 2L in a tg 83model so i dont know what the go is. what is the egr valve.

Alan
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: WHY DONT COPS LIKe TWIN WEBBERS??? Reply with quote

hey are they worth the trouble of tuning etc
do you find you have much more power with the twins.

also how much was your mod plate for them.
gemicrusier
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: WHY DONT COPS LIKe TWIN WEBBERS??? Reply with quote

i didnt get a mod plate for them i got one for my motor which at the time had them on there. I havent had to tune them yet and thee been on there for 2 months now but they do go a little out when the weather change ie. pop when started. they will be getting tunes soon but(im getting taught how to do it). i never had single webbers but i have been told if u have a engine with work done they make a big diffrence. mines got a fair bit. also u will need a new fuel pump as a standard one canot flow the required fuel. i got a holley blue with regulator u will nedd a regulator.

Hope i helped.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: WHY DONT COPS LIKe TWIN WEBBERS??? Reply with quote

flyinlow, this is the white gemini from the gemi shop that had the manual conversion and that tuff engine and twins put it.
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: WHY DONT COPS LIKe TWIN WEBBERS??? Reply with quote

In Qld, as long as you meet emission levels you can have any carburettion you like. Manual Gems to at least TD did not have EGR's as they met the adr27a requirements without need of them, BTW.
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: WHY DONT COPS LIKe TWIN WEBBERS??? Reply with quote

u can get defected for changing ur factory air box or filter if the cop doesnt like u, and if u fit it to the top of twin webs that just look s suspicious.
erg valve runs from sump to tappet cover and iar clear box for emmission control. to many small rules to know all of them but no matter what u do cops could find something to book u with for putting twins on.
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: WHY DONT COPS LIKe TWIN WEBBERS??? Reply with quote

note all gems had erg valves i have one of the first tx's and it has one, just that ard 27a doesnt apply to the factory vechicle emmissions. if u change anything u have to comply to the emmision adr of whatever year and car the carby or injection setup come off. as for twin webs they might have to comply with something else as they are aftermarket, even though an option on cdt series 2 te's
will have cd or all adr rules soon so can look it up for u all.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: WHY DONT COPS LIKe TWIN WEBBERS??? Reply with quote

Your TX was probably originally an auto (or still is)
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: WHY DO COPS LIKe ONION??? Reply with quote

i nearly got arrested on hindley st. for yelling NO ONION!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: WHY DONT COPS LIKe TWIN WEBBERS??? Reply with quote

EGR is exhaust gas recirc i think, its part of emissions that recirculates blow-by from the rocker cover up into the air cleaner i am pretty sure.. anyway if you dont have it you can hurt the world with naughty gases.

Just remember cops can and will get you for anything no matter if its ADR/EPA approved or not, just talk a lot of yes-sir-no-sir it was like that when I got here sir...
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: WHY DONT COPS LIKe TWIN WEBBERS??? Reply with quote

my tx had a bellet 4spd which was the very first- reverse to the left and down. no other gearbox bolts up to that mount, thats why i had to cut and shut the trans tunnel last year when i put in a 5spd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: