HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

DBA Discs Part Nos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEMGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: DBA Discs Part Nos Reply with quote

I remember earlier there were mentions of some of the disc possibilities. What would be the DBA number for the Audi Discs and the Camry Discs and Ne other ones that people have come up with without the expensive " bolts straight up at a price kits"
Thanks Peoples
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: DBA Discs Part Nos Reply with quote

check the R&D thred "BREAK" or "MORE BRAKES". the part number is in there

if u are in brissy u can get this bolt up kit for $400

http://groups.msn.com/nismogemini/progressphotos.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=73

http://groups.msn.com/nismogemini/progressphotos.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=69
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: DBA Discs Part Nos Reply with quote

i priced up the audi discs and they were $100 each, get some vl cappipers and some light mods u have vented fronts
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: DBA Discs Part Nos Reply with quote

more than light mods. u wont get the calapers to fit without a laith (dunno how its spelt)
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: DBA Discs Part Nos Reply with quote

lathe, depends who u know i guess as to how easy it would be.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: DBA Discs Part Nos Reply with quote

i have them on my car. so i know what needs to be done

its a bit of work to get the calapers to suit the gemini stub axels, and have the disk line up in the center of the calaper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: DBA Discs Part Nos Reply with quote

Mine required some lathe and press work. Thats with the audi rotors. and they are perfectly centred as a result or it.

But its not the "easiest" thing to do if you havent done it before.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: DBA Discs Part Nos Reply with quote

yup, the stub needs to be machined and the calapers to be pluged and drilled
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Why the stub? Reply with quote

Why does it need to be machined (which your not really allowed to do). Mine fit with good clearances and hasnt been touched. Unless your not talking about the actual stub axle and are talking about the caliper mounts on the steering knukle??? Then something will need to be done to correct the offset of the caliper.

If you want to use BMW calipers, DONT, if you loose any clips and stuff, they are REALLY expensive, and not very common. Of course I learnt the hard way.

Loz
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Why the stub? Reply with quote

""Unless your not talking about the actual stub axle and are talking about the caliper mounts on the steering knukle??? Then something will need to be done to correct the offset of the caliper. ""

yeap thats what i was talking about Smile
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Why the stub? Reply with quote

I figured that much as I was writing it but couldnt be stuffed deleting what Id written.

What calipers are you using again???
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Why the stub? Reply with quote

N/A VL front and rear
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Why the stub? Reply with quote

thats the beauty of being an apprentice toolmaker with a dad with a fully equipt workshop. Had the brakes rotor centre turned out, drilled, and calipers fitted in around 4 hours. Just been too lazy to do the rears.
Front brake conversion cost me a total of $180.
GEM4PLAY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Why the stub? Reply with quote

So '20PSI TX' do you want to do another set for me?
GEMGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Attn 20psi TX Reply with quote

What a big advantage u have!
Im slowly working my way in the similar sort of path, and around me are many CNC Lathes and mills, just need to learn a bit about then! Just wondering what was the recipe you used? I been doin a bit of research on discs to use so far Ive found on top of the ones recomended the Ford Mondeo disc seems doable, only 4 holes, giving room for opp four holes to adapt to back of hub, the off set is ok and wouldnt need to do a special order from DBA! Has ne one else come across this,as well as BMW discs that actually slip over the turned down hub ( Deep Hat) which add 8mm to your wheel offset towards the mudguard! ( act as a spacer if u like)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: