HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

exhaust tip
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: exhaust tip Reply with quote

I have a exhaust tip on my RB Gemini but its a bit broken. If i cut off around a inch of it will it make any difference to the sound of the car?

Cheers
TuFf
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: exhaust tip Reply with quote

nope
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: exhaust tip Reply with quote

exhaust tips to shit all if anything for sound today as a joke rest asured it didnt stay on i got a milo tin and jammed it on
heehehe
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: exhaust tip Reply with quote

ok thanks.

Cheers
TuFf
SHEEL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: exhaust tip Reply with quote

i put a 8 inch tip on mine bro and it makes 1400 HP !!! FULLY SICK!!!!
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: exhaust tip Reply with quote

i think this 1 is as old as the car because i did'nt even know it was a tip till i hit it with some sand paper. It has some sharp edges on it so i want to cut about an inch off it.

Cheers
TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: exhaust tip Reply with quote

so you do want more sound?
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: exhaust tip Reply with quote

i just want it to look neater but i am in 2 minds really i either make it quieter or i make it louder. A straight through would be ok but getting 1 made is expensive isn't it? Any ideas?

Cheers
TuFf
peanut buttered
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: exhaust tip Reply with quote

Sports mufflers will make it sound louder. I saw some in autobarn starting at $130 and it was straight through with the sound absorbing material inside. You would have to get it welded on so it would cost extra. If you look on ebay you can get some good sports mufflers. I saw a brand new jap performance titanium muffler go for $102. Maybe it wasn't leagal. Don't know. I just bought a brand new immobiliser for $31 when the retail is $199. If you’re willing to take a risk seeing ebay is based on trust then go to ebay.com.au

peanut man
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: exhaust tip Reply with quote

i would buy heaps of stuff if i knew how to put it on. I haven't even put my air horn on coz i dunno how to hook it up!

Cheers
TuFf
peanut buttered
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: exhaust tip Reply with quote

I see what you mean. Lucky for me my dad is a mechanical engineer and he is teaching me seeing I'm only 18. You would have to go to an exhaust shop and get them to weld it on. With the $130 I think the max for you to get it all done would be $200 if that. I have been warned though that on long trips a loud exhaust gets very annoying.

Peanut man
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: exhaust tip Reply with quote

yeah my girly lives up the coast and it takes over an hour to get there so i think it would be headache material. Maybe i should just clean it up a little? My whole car needs some cleaning up lol i have rust in the back of it and i would'nt mind some tinted headlight covers anyone know where i can get some? I have seen some where u can make your own to suit ur car but i dunno if its tinted?
Anyone know?

Cheers
TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: bollocks to that Reply with quote

go to carline; lukey muffler (nice note but not too loud) will cost less than $100 plus installation. if you want a good solid sound go to any exhaust shop and ask them to take the front resonator out and replace it with pipe, shouldnt cost more than $40. if its too loud, put a louder stereo in it,easily fixed. grab some headlight covers from ricebarn (youll have to order them) then take them to a window tinting joint and ask them to tint them, be warned though, the coppers arent real keen on headlights being covered in anything but clear plastic.

cheers,
justin
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: bollocks to that Reply with quote

Thanks Goons. Mine sounds ok at the moment. But could sound better. But i don't want those massive WRX exhausts. Goons you had any luck with a rear wing yet? I got the rta to email me some rules about headlight covers but i could'nt be bothered to go through them all. Did you get your windows tinted or are they factory tinted? If so how much did it cost you?

Cheers
TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: bollocks to that Reply with quote

you can have it sounding better on less than fifty bucks, just take the front res. out.2 inch pipe all the way through is plenty big enough for that engine i went down to the gong last month to have a look for the wing but all the wreckers were closed, its not high priority at the moment; if one more thing goes wrong with it in the near future im going to torch it! headlight covers have to be clear as far as i know; youre not allow to cover over any part of the headlights with anything that isnt clear. i got my windows tinted (35%, darkest legal tint, not overly dark though) for a tad shy of 300 beans, it all depends on where you go so talk them down
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: