HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

attn tuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peanut buttered
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: attn tuff Reply with quote

I fixed the rust in my boot. Took a day and a half. Boged it up and sanded back, then painted over with white primer. Nice and smooth though I painted the primer with a brush. I'll have to said it back to get the finish smooth.
My boot was leaking water like yours.

I'll leave the primer on and them go over it again in a month when I paint the whole car.

peanut man
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: attn tuff Reply with quote

cool. I want to get it cut out and get them to weld in a new section. Dunno though. When i got the quote the guy said he would cut it out and weld it up and the quote was $800 coz they have to take the back window out. Any ideas?

Cheers
TuFf
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: attn tuff Reply with quote

$800? Geez thats a bit expensive. I had my a-pillars and half the firewall and roof cut off and a new section weldend on for $30 and a carton of beer. Family friend though but it should be easy enough to do yourself. There is this rust stopped stuff you can buy that will instantly stop rust spreading. Clean the area, put that on tidy the area a bit, weld up, then fibreglass over the top. Cheap and easy way to fix.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: attn tuff Reply with quote

$30 and a carton of beer is cool. I could'nt do this myself to hard to get to. I will email you the pics of the rust if you want?

Cheers
TuFf
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: attn tuff Reply with quote

That was the price for me, luckily we knew them. If youre in S.A, I can talk to him and see how much it would cost you to get fixed. Ill try and get 'mates rates' from him to make it cheaper for ya. My email is nookie@ihug.com.au.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: attn tuff Reply with quote

I'm in Sydney but thanks anyway. Check your email for the pics of the rust. Let me know what you think?

Cheers
TuFf
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: attn tuff Reply with quote

If I was you, Id do it myself like peanut buttered did. If you dont wanna do it yourself, shop around $800 is a bit expensive from the looks of it.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: attn tuff Reply with quote

yeah i have only got 1 quote so i am going to get afew more before i do anything.

Cheers
TuFf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: