HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

350 gem soon to be legal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: 350 gem soon to be legal Reply with quote

soon to be all legal for the road...
OK here goes for the last 14 months ive been trying to get my
350 chev powered gemini through road transport for rego, finally yesterday they gave me the approaval to do so BUT with a list of requirements to change, which I knew I would have to do anyway

So I thought i would let you guys know there is hope for the highly modified street machine cars..

Its been a fight and a half but im now on the road for rego of my car....

here is a link for those who dont know the car www.geocities.com/pro350gemini
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 350 gem soon to be legal Reply with quote

phat so we will see you around adelaide soon
what do you need to change?
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 350 gem soon to be legal Reply with quote

you should of already seen me cruising round adelaide (WINK)

emmisions have to be 250 parts per million

hand brake (dont have one)

front part of cage to be removed

rear rim to be 50/50 rim off set (current rim is 40/60)

rear seat to be removed ( to become a 2 seater)

have to have plaque in the car stating harnesses are allowed but not for use on puplic roads.

scoop to be removed

out side guage to be removed (fuel preasure)

front tyres to be no skinner than the OEM specified tyeres (EG 175 i run 135)

OH and how nice of them they gave me 1 year to get all this done or I have to get a new engineers write up)

just little shit like that

cheers
hoTDwagon
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 350 gem soon to be legal Reply with quote

where are you from, how is this legal haha. do u have insurance?
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 350 gem soon to be legal Reply with quote

all i have to say is
hahahahhahahhahahahhahh insurance hahhahahahahhahhahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
his in adelaide hahahahhahahahhahahahaa
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 350 gem soon to be legal Reply with quote

Leroy,

Saw you at the drags a couple of weeks ago. That little Gemini is, uh, tuff. I dunno if there's another word that would do it justice.

And hey, if Rod Hadfield can get a 27-litre Rolls-Royce aircraft-powered '55 Chev street registered, then I reckon you should be able to register ANYTHING providing that it's been fully engineered correctly.

But then again, Hadfield's '55 has some pretty stringent clauses in it's drivability.
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 350 gem soon to be legal Reply with quote

To you little jerk offs with the laughing a insurance questions Im no little 16 year old, Im well over 25 so i will not need mummy to sign for me,it has no turbo which is what pushes the insurance prices up in young guys/girls
I have been fighting for this for the past 18 months and have finally got my approval of princable to do so...
The car will be fully enineered ATM the car insurance cost me agreed value of $20,000 cost me $479.00 p/athis is for what they call laid up insurance cos the car is not legally regoed with the V8 This just meens my car is insured until I trive it under its own power..

Thanks dave
some people have no idea and think if its not allowed then it cant be done..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: