HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gem not runnin well. Help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Gem not runnin well. Help? Reply with quote

Ok, my fuckin posts from last night fuckin disappeared for some reason.

My car is spluttering and putting along and is not running right. I tried points, timing, fuel mixture, idle speed, new leads, cleaned plugs, emptied out 4 excess litres of oil (previous owner). It was fine till it rained. I have a hole in my bonet where the bonnet scoope is, but this hole isnt over the carby for some reason and it leaks water. Can anyone help me out at all without me spending $$ for a mechanic to fix it since I have a very fuckin low income
leeroy

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Gem not runnin well. Help? Reply with quote

what about dist cap or rotor button
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: Gem not runnin well. Help? Reply with quote

sounds like u got some condensation or some shit in there

if it gets better as the car gets wamer it might be water in your elec/ign system somewhere cause when it heats up it evaporates

or could be shit fuel, or fuel filter or lots of shit
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Gem not runnin well. Help? Reply with quote

The distributor and rotor have been cleaned. Im now cleaning the plugs (again) since there is a shitload of oil and shit on them. Im gonna flush the radiator and put in new coolant since the car gets fuckin hot real quick. I have no temp gauge so I dunno exactly how hot its getting. The car wasnt used much when I got it so there is probally shit in the tank. The car doesnt get better when it runs now. I was also told that the head could be fucked. If so I am not fuckin happy. I swapped a nice running VB Commy with a 3.0lt in it for this Gemini.
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Gem not runnin well. Help? Reply with quote

Well I just took her for a test drive and it ran well for around 10 seconds then went back to being fucked. When it runs good, carbon monoxide fumes bellow into the car, but there are no fumes when it runs fucked.
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Gem not runnin well. Help? Reply with quote

ok, check your coil, and see if when its wet, it arcs.

do this in the dark, its soo much easier.

if it arcs, replace, and replace the lead from it to the dizzy to be safe.

also, look at your distributor, and check the low-tension lead running out of the bottom of the casing [black lead].
if this is fucked, or has a bad connection, youll run ok sometimes, and shit the rest. i had this problem. undo and clean with petrol and a wire brush. do it up tight [i think its a 8mm].

ph34r th3 l337n335.

rob.
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Gem not runnin well. Help? Reply with quote

ph34r th3 l337n335

Fear The ????????

Huh ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: