HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

COLOUR CHANGE OF DASH LIGHTS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: COLOUR CHANGE OF DASH LIGHTS Reply with quote

Just a bit of an idea to add more rice to my gem...

is there any way i can spray paint or somehting simular to change the colours of the speedo, etc...
just a thought could actually look half decent if done properly.....

any ideas, or anyone done it>?.///? hones
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: COLOUR CHANGE OF DASH LIGHTS Reply with quote

i think if you have the time you could pull the back off the speedo and change the little light bulbs in side
i know they were selling blue and green down at my local parts dealer
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: COLOUR CHANGE OF DASH LIGHTS Reply with quote

i was planning on taking the dash apoart...

do u think if i sprayed the lil globes blue/red or whatever it would be a bright colour???
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: COLOUR CHANGE OF DASH LIGHTS Reply with quote

i think they paint would probably block the light from the bulbs and could catch on fire unless you use heat proof paint i think it would be cheaper to just buy the bulbs
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: COLOUR CHANGE OF DASH LIGHTS Reply with quote

yeah dont use the little coloured frangers either, they have been known to melt/catch fire, for example your interior light has those frangers on them, and when i had the car they started to smoulder when the light was left on for too long...
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: COLOUR CHANGE OF DASH LIGHTS Reply with quote

heheh franger bulb
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: COLOUR CHANGE OF DASH LIGHTS Reply with quote

i pulled my dash apart and painted all the dials white with black numbers and yellow and red for the speedo...

white = 0 - 60
yellow = 60 - 100
red = 100 and above...i think it looks pretty cool...
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: COLOUR CHANGE OF DASH LIGHTS Reply with quote

globes wont change it coz they are clear already. the colour comes form the plastic colour of the instrument faces. youd need change the faces if you wanted new coloured lights.
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: COLOUR CHANGE OF DASH LIGHTS Reply with quote

You'll just mix the colors by changing bulbs, as they said plastic is what determines the color, so painting it will also mix the colors, those franger covers shouldn't be a prob with such a low wattage globe, as long as it can still dissipate the heat you should have no probs, pretty rice though...
Sik_Gemi
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: COLOUR CHANGE OF DASH LIGHTS Reply with quote

This site tell you how to do it
http://pages.zoom.co.uk/visionmaster/dashboard_lights.htm
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: COLOUR CHANGE OF DASH LIGHTS Reply with quote

i painted all my dials white, the numbers black with a permanent marker, left the lights the way they are(green) and they come up pretty bright now against the white, i get people goin ooo aaarrrr at my white faced dash, pretty cool and simple to do, or u could paint the dials same colour as ur car, not hard at all, give it a go!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: COLOUR CHANGE OF DASH LIGHTS Reply with quote

i dipped my nuts in white paint and replaces my testies with blue bulbs. looks good, gets the girls going ooo and arrr.
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: COLOUR CHANGE OF DASH LIGHTS Reply with quote

LOL!!!!!!!

oi fanno is that encouragement i see?? WOW!!!!!!!
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: COLOUR CHANGE OF DASH LIGHTS Reply with quote

i pick boogers out my nose and save them for icecream topings
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: COLOUR CHANGE OF DASH LIGHTS Reply with quote

i pick scabs and save them for movie snacks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: