HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HELP GEMS IN A BAD WAY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: HELP GEMS IN A BAD WAY Reply with quote

as it says shes goin bad
what my problem is it keeps stalling, it stalls when i rev it hard aka going up hills, when it stalls it chugs first and jolts then dies, when its stalled it dosnt want to just start up again it takes a couple somtimes many tries, recently i posted here because it had oil in the airfilter thinking and by manys advice it was my rings i later discoverd it wasnt coming from the rocker up through the head but from the sumps oil breather. i recently took that off and blocked the hose, does anyone know or have any idea or sujestions to what it could be.
pleasseeeeeeeeeeee.
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP GEMS IN A BAD WAY Reply with quote

You shouldn't block that off, get a small breather filter from a performance shop, i just got one, $17, i've seen em for $15, i think that may cause some of your probs, it wouldn't be there if the engine didn't need to breathe.
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP GEMS IN A BAD WAY Reply with quote

ok ill do that any other sujestions
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP GEMS IN A BAD WAY Reply with quote

the reason i blocked it off but was it was pissing oil out from the sump? any idea what this could be
brent47
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: HELP GEMS IN A BAD WAY Reply with quote

i had very very very small amounts of oil in my standard air filter bousing....pooling up just a smidge under the filter in the basin it......my mechanic just called it blow by or sumthing...so i wasnt to worried...then it started getting a lil more frequent occurance and the gem shit itself.cost a lil bit but ya get that...got her fixed...the got her defected....wot a wonderfull world of cars and cops it is.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP GEMS IN A BAD WAY Reply with quote

geminis are heavy breathers so u dont want to block that up mate, run a hose down the back of the block pointing it to the ground, it will drip oil but its better than spraying your engine bay with oil...
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP GEMS IN A BAD WAY Reply with quote

As for your stalling problem have you checked the usual stuff, fuel filter etc. etc.
clogged fuel filters are one of the main culprits of stalling the engine when you're into it a bit.
I'll third what the other said, you need that breather. They don't put pipes on your engine just for fun so it is unwise to just block one off because you don't like it! Smile
A bit of blow by in your air filter is no majoy concern anyway, as your engine starts to wear out you will get increasing amount of it
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP GEMS IN A BAD WAY Reply with quote

and when ur rings are totally fucked or the bores have warped u will get blue smoke comming from there...

i had the hose pointing to the ground and when i was stopped at lights i had smoke pouring out from the side of the car... really turned heads!!
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP GEMS IN A BAD WAY Reply with quote

i think a good idea would be to run the pipe to an oil catch can and just empty the can it you have the pipe pointed at the ground they will defect you for it
i run my breather to my carbie get a bit of oil in the filter but hey i just clean it
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP GEMS IN A BAD WAY Reply with quote

i unblocked it done the timing and fuel on the carb now shes runnen sweet, i got the pipe running to the groung till sunday when i get some time off to make a catch can. its not blow bye i know that so thats good but yeah all i want is for it to last 2 years so i can put in the beast
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: