HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Tripple Webbers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Tripple Webbers Reply with quote

My mate can get me excellent cond. tripple webbers for $50 on a UC Torana manifold though. Is it worth gettin them or is 3 overkill on a g161 block?
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripple Webbers Reply with quote

i would get them and then fit two and have one as a spare
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripple Webbers Reply with quote

Heh never even thought of that. Shows you how stupid I am after a night on the piss. Ill probally end up doin that.
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripple Webbers Reply with quote

$50??? bargain, back in the day they had triple carbs on old eh's and stuff, buy them and flog it off for a couple hundred, that manifold will fit all older holden sixes such as 186, 202s etc
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripple Webbers Reply with quote

I probally will flog them off cause coppers dont seem to like me for some reason and Ill end up gettin fucked over. Whats the law concerning carby changes in S.A anyway?
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripple Webbers Reply with quote

the laws are you can do it as long as you dont get couse or if the carby looks liek the old one and they will never know the difference
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripple Webbers Reply with quote

hehe sneaky Smile
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripple Webbers Reply with quote

also never get caught by your insurance company
voids all insurance
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripple Webbers Reply with quote

shannons and just cars ect will cover ur car with any mod as long as its legal, on my tx 75 model as long as i have the vent valve to the sump connected to the inlet i think it is i can put on whatever the hell i feel like.
later gems have to comply with more adr rules though, go the TX Smile
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripple Webbers Reply with quote

With Shannons and Just Cars you pay out of your ass though.
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripple Webbers Reply with quote

well at moment im with suncorp , my prem is 300 and excess is 1800 cause i have modified car, with shannons my prem would be 800 and excess is 750 , or 1000 prem for forced induction either of which is cheaper than suncorp or racq for me. prem is more but add em together and works out less if u have an accident with shannons or just cars
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripple Webbers Reply with quote

with suncorp, nrma, racq, etc.. they all laffed at me and said we wont cover u at all. i even said i would pay $3000 a year for just 3rd party fire and theft, they still said no

just cars said $900 a year, $1200 excess.

thats for the coupe with fj20 conversion insured for $10000
20 yo with 3 page trafic hystory and 3 los of license
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripple Webbers Reply with quote

how did you get that Just cars have a max value on fire and theft... of about 5k..

do you have to produce the eng. certificates...

cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripple Webbers Reply with quote

i just said:
i have blah blah blah and i want to insure it for $10000 fire and theft and thats what they quoted me.

its not insured yet. cos its not finished, but thats what i was quoted about 3 months ago
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripple Webbers Reply with quote

u dont need to hand em in anything, but if u go to claim and cant produce the paper work to prove it is all legal than u can forget about getting anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: