HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

???????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: ??????? Reply with quote

what is the difference between a te sedan and a te sandpiper????
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: ??????? Reply with quote

i heard the sand piper was the cheepest vertion of gemini with no luxuarys but then a few months ago i got told the opisite they were the best model so whos know

one of the 2
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ??????? Reply with quote

they were the top of the rangeit went te, te sl, te sl/x then the te sandpiper, they just had a few different features, similar to what the zzz is to the tg's
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: ??????? Reply with quote

velour seats etc
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: ??????? Reply with quote

two tone paint, minus the body mods(rear wing, front wing etc)
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ??????? Reply with quote

yeah, i only noticed the 2 tone paint and velour seats. everything else was the same.

all i know is that they are rare as rocking horse shit

i was thinking about buying the car for 250 just for the compliance plates.
Gem_A9R
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ??????? Reply with quote

There 3 Models of Sandpiper II, Stage 1-A9P(Velour Seats,SL/X Steel Wheels, Drivers Remote Mirror, 4 speed) Stage 2-A9Q(Pre mentioned plus 5 speed and Alloy Wheel Option-SL/E) Stage 3-A9R(Only 150 Built, I own 1)(Pre mentioned plus Auto Option, Standard Alloys, LH and RH Remote Mirrors and Tacho,Oil Pressure,Battery Condition Option,Internal Boot Release,LSD).
If ya find a Genuine Sandpiper II most likely it will be a Stage 1(I've had 4 of them)on a Rare Occaision ya might find a Stage 2 and I don't know anyone with a Stage 3-A9R apart from me.
I hope that shed some light.
Gem_A9R
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: ??????? Reply with quote

P.S. Stage 2 and 3 Had CommonWhore SL/E Carpet and Underlay.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: ??????? Reply with quote

your telling my they had lsd
i doubt it but if thats true
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: ??????? Reply with quote

i think he means only the stage 3 had lsd, did u know there were 3 types of cdt gem to, stage 3 had a turbo so does that mean u can tell the insuracne company it was on option and put one on any TE??? loophole lol
Gem_A9R
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: ??????? Reply with quote

I had a S2 CDT, If ya insure a S3 CDT. They'll class the Turbo as a Aftermarket Addition, Due to that Jim Fanego(Owner of Country Dealer Team) had his options as a After Delivery Option.
The only CDT worth Owning is a S2 or S3.
S1= Body Kit, Minor Suspension Mods, Bathurst Globes(13x6) and Stock G161Z
S2=Body Kit, Bilstien Suspension(But it was Bullshit and Jim went to Jail for Freud, It was Stock Holden/Isuzu Stuff Painted)Slightly Worked G161Z(Head Porting,Double Valve Springs and Balancing), Twin 45mm Down Draught Webers, Bathurst Globes(13x7), 2 Inch Exhaust and Extractors.
S3= Body Kit, Bilstien Suspension(Lower than S2), Balanced and Blue Printed G161Z, Head Work, Twin Row Timing Chain, Garrett T-28 Turbo, 2.5 Inch Exhaust & Thats About it from Memory. The was a Total of 430 CDT Made(Only 50 S3, Most were Burgundy or White and Jim Fanengo's Ex Race Car was Black).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: