HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

i JuSt BoUgHt...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:11 am    Post subject: i JuSt BoUgHt... Reply with quote

a RB20 turbo & piazza manifold for my G200 in my TD cOuPe.

At the moment its running on a 32/36, BIG cam, extractors & exhaust, new high performance oil and filter.

(Gee's changing the oil with proper shit makes the biggest difference!)

(And new Transmission oil, *The gears love it now when they are being changed)

And now she should go a little betta than ever! hopefully ill be blowing away commodores in the next week.

By the way if neone can answer ne off these questions it would be most appreciatable

- wat kind off oils do Turbos run on??
- How does the oil flow system operate on turbos? with a seperate oil pump? or off the current existing engine oil? or?
- Wat seconds do u's recon ill be running on the 1/4 or will i even get that far?

ummm. cant think off much else more at the moment
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: i JuSt BoUgHt... Reply with quote

1 more question...

Do i have too make ne more modifications too the engine too get the RB20 turbo too run correctly??

eg. diffrent Crank? Different Pistons? Different something or other...
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: i JuSt BoUgHt... Reply with quote

i would think that changing engine parts would be the first thing you would want to do so it will last a while
i take a guess at 14sec runing ok since there used to be a 1600 that did that if you do a search there is heaps of
debate about turbo's
cheers zzz
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: i JuSt BoUgHt... Reply with quote

turbos don't like long duration cams so use the standard one or get a turbo cam. upgrade your exhaust to a 3 inch mandrel bent and you should be flying along. fit an intercooler aswell so that you don't have to change the compression. you should be able to run up to 10psi with the cooler on standard comp.
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: i JuSt BoUgHt... Reply with quote

oh dam, i just put this BIG cam in the other weekend. it really made a difference too it too...

i can really feel the values opening more when it works in conjunction when the petrol mixture coming in and the exhaust going out.

Well im going too still use this big cam with my turbo and just see how it goes. only because i didnt like the performance off my last standard cam, it was pretty crap.

Tell me wat else i have too change other than my cam, and 3" exhaust? ive already got an intercooler
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: i JuSt BoUgHt... Reply with quote

ok ive just done somemore searching on useing that big cam and its not good using it on a turbo setup...

But its ok using it on a N/A setup...

so now i have too change it . dam...
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: i JuSt BoUgHt... Reply with quote

You just use normal engine oil to lube it, make sure you use the banjo bolt that comes with the turbo as it restricts oil since it is a ballbearing turbo and doesnt require as much oil as plain bearing turbo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: