HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gimme $5000 --(Adam Gibson)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 9:35 am    Post subject: Gimme $5000 --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

1. Hot Rodeo 2.0 Litre full rebuild, double row timing chain, big valves, big ports, twin webers (DCOE or IDF), extractors, big cam, 10.0:1 compression(use optimax), electronic ignition(stops your points melting at 7 grand), 30 thou over-bore and do a good careful job on the re-assembly, new oil pump, water pump, etc.
2. Whiteline handling pack
3. Disk Brake LSD (from Just Gemini Spares or similar)
4. If you have the money a 10.5 inch front disk conversion with volvo 4 piston calipers (or equivalent)
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Gimme $5000 --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

I've been speaking to Peter Dankiw from aus.cars about a SR20DET conversion he was going to get done, i'll quote from his e-mail...

e-mail #1
I've been quoted $5,500 all up by a bloke in Canberra, drive in drive out for the SR20DET. This includes
engineering certificates, blow-off valve and the installation of it all aswell.

e-mail #2
With the quote I got it comes with a series V RX7 intercooler, bmw disc's and brakes, 5 spd gear box (not too sure what its off though, could be a bmw again, or maybe a commodore).

If the quote (from this 'bloke in canberra' is genuine, and can i can get the same quote from someone around here, i'm sure i'll be doing the SR20 transplant, or maybe saving a thou or two on a FJ20, as they can be had for a thou less, and i'm told they fit better.

Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Gimme $5000 --(Dustin) Reply with quote

There is a guy in geelong who does all that sor of stuff
he had a twin turbo 13B gem in there a while back
and he has done lots of turbo converstions
to 1600
Dawson Rotary
Turbo &EFi
i think
in fyans st
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: