HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

another newbie question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Te_Andrew_GC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: another newbie question Reply with quote

hi guys. i think i'm goin with the G200 for my TE, but a few things still have me stumped. isn't the g200 for an 4wd rodeo? so what kinda mods am i gonna have to do for it to go into a rwd? also, the gem is an auto, so i'll be gettin an auto engine, how hard/expensive is it to swap to manual down the track. can i turbo it, nothing huge, and still use it as a daily driver? and one last thing, i heard there are twin cam efi and single cam carbie motors. the efi one creates more power, but is it still a basic bolt in mod like the single cam one, or are they comepletely different? what kind of computer shit would i have to run for the efi, and all up, how much would a g200, in decent condition, the double cam one, put in cost? and in stock form, whats the performance like in it *quarter mile times*

thanks heaps for wading through my questions the last few weeks

Andrew
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: another newbie question Reply with quote

Nah mate a G200 is just like a normal gem engine except a tad bigger, so no mods to get it to fit. You can bolt your auto on to it now and then quite easily change it to a manual gearbox later on. Will not be hard or expensive. Yes there is a twin cam version of it available but its much harder to get a hold of. They are very similar, but they do require different manifolds and slightly different cooling lines. You can turbo a G200 without many hastles and it will still be fine as a daily driver. I have no idea bout your 1/4 mile times though Smile
Te_Andrew_GC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: another newbie question Reply with quote

82EVO, thanks heaps for your help. whats the difference in performance to the efi twin cam and the carbie single cam? also, any idea on the price difference? any idea how much i'd be looking at? thanks heaps man.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: another newbie question Reply with quote

price will depend on where u get it from, condition and mods and heaps. u can pay more for a SOHC. u get what u pay for basicly.
personaly i would go for a SOHC.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: another newbie question Reply with quote

yeah SOHC
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: another newbie question Reply with quote

dohcs are capable of more power cause thy breath better but be prepared to pay the price for that

the dohc and sohc motors are completely different design but both will bolt in

turbo = not great fuel economy

if you're prepared to pay for extra fuel and more work to get it going rliably and a slightly shorter engine life then go for it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: