HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

panelvan queery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doomboy_666
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 4:21 am    Post subject: panelvan queery Reply with quote

in a wagon the rear seat folds down. and when it is up there is room for the rear passengers feet. Would this feet space still be in the panel van? i lifted up my carpet in the back only to find there is a panel over that space and it's welded down. I was hoping i could hide a sub under that panel if there is any usable space there, but i dont want to start grinding welds away if there is no space for it in my panelvan? can anyone help?
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: panelvan queery Reply with quote

Should be, I think panel vans and wagons are basically the same chassis wise.

Probably in the factory there was a standard wagon shell and extra bits were added or deleted depending if the car was to be a wagon or van.
wagonnnne
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: panelvan queery Reply with quote

in a wagon the passengers feet go on the floor behind the front seats. That panel can be cut and lifted so you can look, its exactly the same as a wagon one except without a seat. But ive already had a look there is bugger all space underneath where the seat goes, so you definitely wouldnt be able to flushmount a sub in there. unless you mould a box but would still be small and sound crappy. go to a wreckers and have a look in the back of a wagon. the only added bit in the wagon is the bottom of the seat and the padding on the front of the fold down portion. that help?
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: panelvan queery Reply with quote

if u have have a panelvan, legally u shouldnt have a backseat,(even if it is a wagon converted to a panelvan) been thru all the shit, not worth the hassle, legal wise.....
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: panelvan queery Reply with quote

Is it ok to remove the back seat in a wagon ?

I did that to mine, the backseat is a piece of shit anyway. Pretty uncomfortable.

I just removed the back support pads and mounted thatfolded down, flush on the rear tray.
doomboy_666
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: panelvan queery Reply with quote

cheers guys. so it's probably not worth me trying to mount a sub there, just thought it might get it out of the way and stop it sliding around in the back and get it out of the eye of thieves.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: panelvan queery Reply with quote

That front section of the panelvan floor includes the load barrier and buttresses to support that - this whole bit is spot-welded in.

My first van had a hole cut in the floor which I discovered under a plank of wood, UNDER the carpet long after I first bought it.

The area under there isn't huge and still has the frame for the bottom cushion of the wagon's rear seat!

However, I have heard of people unwelding that area, or cutting a whole in there and creating a hinged floor - sort of a stash area.

One bloke I spoke to managed to re-locate his battery there (although I'd say ventillation isn't good enough for a battery) and Sean Bluewire from this site had a couple of ams mounted in there with perspex windows in the floor so you could check them out, which was fairly cool.

So there's space and it's usable, but maybe not for a sub, unless it was a tweeter-sized sub. Like a magic one or something.
Gem_A9R
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: panelvan queery Reply with quote

HUH? Subs can be Mounted on the Floor in Panel Van, Where the Back Seat is in Wagon. I've 2 different Applications used. A Former Mate made a MDF Floor(Size of entire Van Floor, 2 Piece I think) and had 2x 10" Cerwin Vega Double Voice Coil Subs mounted in the Floor. So anything can be done if ya use ya Head, Like another Example. Putting a 12" Sub in the Parcel Shelf of a Sedan, I was told by So Called Expert Installers it can't be done with Bashing Down the Fuel Tank. I managed to do it with out no Panel Beating of any sort.
So moral to the Story is, Use ya Brain and Take ya Time and It will Happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: