HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Welding floors?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUPALJ
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Welding floors? Reply with quote

Ok, How hard is it to cut and weld floor sections from one car to another, I went to have a look at a (panel van) today. The guy that owned it tech screwed a couple of bits of galv. in the footwells looks pretty dodgy. So im wondering how hard this is to do and if it was done what are the legalities, ie engineers report. Does anyone do rust repair panels for the TD floor. If not how hard is it for me to cut the floor out of another car and weld that in. Also how do I spot the differences between a wagon and a panel van , do they use the same inside panel structure with the windows in the rear.
Thanks SUPALJ
doomboy_666
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Welding floors? Reply with quote

i think body repairs like repairning rusty floors doesnt nbeed engineering as it isnt structural. in a way it's similar to bogging up a panel. the inly difference i think with the panel van and wagon is the rear seat!?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Welding floors? Reply with quote

wagons and p/v are teh same.
just use the right gauge sheet metal and hammer it to shape and weld it in. piece of piss if u can weld.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Welding floors? Reply with quote

i welded all floors in my van and all the back under the fuel tank i have to still make it look good under the car but it was too easy!!
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Welding floors? Reply with quote

I thought the floor pan was at least semi-structural? here we are driving round with holes in our floors but getting defected coz we cut a few mm out of our parcel shelves..
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Welding floors? Reply with quote

The floor pan is somewhat structural, I mean you are sitting on it right ?

As long as you use the correct guage metal and weld it properly there should be no probs.

Rare spares sell repair sections don't they ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: