HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Stud Pattern
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Stud Pattern Reply with quote

Are all the Gemini's stud patterns the same? Including the RB? I bought a RB Gemini steel rim today with rubber for $10. Just want to know if the other Rims will fit my RB?

Cheers
TuFf
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Stud Pattern Reply with quote

all gemini's are 4x100 stud pattern, not 100% sure on the rb's but they should be, dont see why they would have changed it.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Stud Pattern Reply with quote

RBs are 4x100mm as well, but being FWD,they have a different offset.

This shouldn't foul your brakes or shockers or anything, because I've seen them on other Geminis, but if you put it on the front, the hole where the hub goes through might not be big enough, necessitating a wee bit of grinding in there.

As well, it will reduce your track. You may not feel a difference in the track width if you don't punt your car hard, but it may look a little goofy as it'll sit further in that a regular wheel.

But hey, it's a rim with rubber for $10, which is hedonistically bargainistic. Good spare, that's for sure.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Stud Pattern Reply with quote

I have the RB SLE mags on my car at the moment the spare is one as well. Only problem with the $10 tyre is that its a different size to the others. Reduce my track? I'm still earning all this stuff.. lol

Cheers
TuFf
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Stud Pattern Reply with quote

The track is the Width from tyre to tyre across the car

thats a photo looking at the back of your car showing the track Wink
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Stud Pattern Reply with quote

shiiiiit, the wheels were meant to be more apart than that Razz
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Stud Pattern Reply with quote

lol i was'nt quite sure. Why are the tyres different sizes though? For example i think the ones on my car now are 165/70 and the one i got today is 175/60. Whats the difference?..
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Stud Pattern Reply with quote

the 165 and 175 are the width of the tyre... the /70 /60 part is the profile (how high it is off the rim)
Tex
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Stud Pattern Reply with quote

First: Track refers to the distance between the wheels. Measured from the middle of each wheel. Does that make sense? It does to me

Second: On a tyre the first number refers to the width (165 is 16.5 cm or 165mm) The second number is the profile (the side wall in ratio to the total width) 60 means the side wall is 60% of the width of the tyre.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Stud Pattern Reply with quote

165 is smaller width?
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Stud Pattern Reply with quote

...........................ok... lol
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Stud Pattern Reply with quote

yah, its how many mm wide the tread is
165 = 165mm wide tread
205 = 205mm wide tread
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Stud Pattern Reply with quote

I am still wondering y the tyres are different sizes? Is it coz the set on my car are 14" mags?
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Stud Pattern Reply with quote

Which tyres are different sizes?
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Stud Pattern Reply with quote

The ones on my car are different to the one i got today.. the ones on my car are 14" RB GEMINI SLE mags and the one i got today is a RB GEMINI steel rim.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: