HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Warming Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halcyon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Warming Up Reply with quote

Hey My Gemini takes a good 5 minutes to warm up, normally i have to sit there with my foot on the accelerator to keep it goin for about 3 mins is this normal or is it a problem?
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Warming Up Reply with quote

I had this problem in my old TX. It was something to do with the automatic choke. You might wanna have a look at that.
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Warming Up Reply with quote

i got td and it dosnt do anything like that i turn key she rolls over.

good luck man
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Warming Up Reply with quote

man that post was even more useless than this one...
i think he realises that its not normal or he wouldn't have asked
Michelle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Warming Up Reply with quote

pump pedel 3 times then start your car!! my choke was fucked and that always worked for me! goodluck
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Warming Up Reply with quote

Might wanna make sure the mixture is spot on and the choke is working properly, that'l get it running decent when its cold. Also a couple of degrees more timing advance will help it idle. How old are your points, condensor & spark plugs ?
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Warming Up Reply with quote

Make sure before starting you depress the pedal completely to the floor at least twice then start, that should engage the choke, can't remember if thats true on gemis, but it has been on every other carby car ive had. Maybe you need to check out your choke... You could convert it to a manual choke, ive seen kits in repco...
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Warming Up Reply with quote

martin: whats with the "know all" attitude lately??

i used to have 5 pumps of accelerator, and id jump out the car, jam the clublock between the seat and accelerator holding it at 2000 RPM, then spark up a smoke, when the smoke is finished ur car is warm...
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Warming Up Reply with quote

hmm halycon u might want to instal a manual choke on the weber but yeah i used to sit there for 5 mins warm it up or drive slowly to work (like half throttle) whjat i think it could be is the adapter plate it maybe warped or the bolts that is used to work the adapter plate. email me about how black betty is going
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Warming Up Reply with quote

ohhh its a weber? halycon you didnt tell us that Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: