HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Whiteline suspention???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Whiteline suspention??? Reply with quote

Hey I was reading an artical on the whiteline suspention sight ( http://www.whiteline.com.au/articles/RH_Geminia.htm ) and it seen to have a good price for there suspention kit...

Any of you guys got whiteline suspention??? If so whats it like??

Thanks, Josh
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline suspention??? Reply with quote

I've got their swaybars and the rest is pedders, i think you'll find you can't get a lot of the stuff mentioned on that price list anymore, or at least at those prices, what exactly are you looking at with your suspension, eg where and what sort of drivin???
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline suspention??? Reply with quote

Do you have the adjustable sway bars or just the set ones?

I just need suspention for street but i still want steering in the wet... my car likes to go straight when i turn on wet roads...

What are you pedders springs like? I got a price for $164 for 1 pair and king spring superlows were $140
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline suspention??? Reply with quote

Get some good tyres on it and that will fix your wet road problems dramatically
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline suspention??? Reply with quote

I thought it was more of a weight problem... not having enough weight at the front ect...

I almost have to steer the car around with the throttle when driving on wet roads.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline suspention??? Reply with quote

I put 195's on mine with really good falken tyres and havent understeered in the wet since. will do wonders for you mate Smile
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Whiteline suspention??? Reply with quote

cool, i'll wait till i get the 16" before i go buyin expensive tyres but
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Whiteline suspention??? Reply with quote

He is right, decent tyres will solve your understeer problem, they're probly the best place to start and adjust your suspension to suit your driving style from there, i have an adjustable rear anti roll bar and fixed front but haven't really played with the settings yet, i'm waiting till i get out on an autocross track and check time differences. As for spring prices i can't remember but they sounded fine as long as you get shocks to suit you will have a very good handling car.
peanut buttered
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline suspention??? Reply with quote

King springs selling on Ebay.com.au for $95 a pair and your choice of standard, low or super low types. So if I change my springs to super lows say, will I have to buy shocks to go with or can I use my factory standard shocks?
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline suspention??? Reply with quote

You can use standard shocks but its best to get some that are suited to the spring rate (hardness) of the new springs
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline suspention??? Reply with quote

You're pretty silly to use the standard shocks with newer harder springs, you'll basically negate any advantages of putting them in, you will get the foooly sik look, but it will ruin your shocks sooner as they are operating outside of their working range and it'll oscillate over any bumps making a shit ride. You should match the shock to the spring for the best results. And unless you plan on rebuilding them or know their life don't bother with secondhand shocks...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline suspention??? Reply with quote

let me guess, ya car is slamed really low?? if so thats why it dont turn in the wet
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline suspention??? Reply with quote

stocko tyres no matter what suspension you have don't turn in the wet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: