HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

attn lok15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: attn lok15 Reply with quote

got a qurey for you. ok so my brakes were not working to well so i decided it was time to bleed them. after doing the rear ones i checked how firm the dedal felt, and it was pretty good. then i got back under the car and did the fron 2. when i hoped back in my car to drive again they dont work at all now. peddal goes straight to the floor. any sugestions on what has happened? thanks
dRiFtN
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: attn lok15 Reply with quote

ummm, you fucked it?
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: attn lok15 Reply with quote

other than that
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: attn lok15 Reply with quote

air in the master perhaps?
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: attn lok15 Reply with quote

dont think so. the pedal has no resistance at all when i push it down
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: attn lok15 Reply with quote

thats coz the piston is already at the end of travel dude
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: attn lok15 Reply with quote

Ok.. could be a couple of things.
Is this a test? lol
Did you remember to top up the master cylinder with fluid?
How much meat is on your pads/shoes?
what are the condition of the rear wheel cylinders?(these sometimes leak under the rubber boot and are undetectable, they are only checked for rwc, or when getting a re-line)

to have brakes and then loose them.. in my view(without looking at the car in real-time)denotes that you didnt top up the fluid when bleeding them..
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: attn lok15 Reply with quote

kept an eye on the level all through. never got low enough to suck air in. and yes this is a test of sorts. after i saw your post on a thread a little while back saying something like "and you call yourself mechanics"
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: attn lok15 Reply with quote

lol ok.... so is the rear cylinders leaking under the rubber boots?
Or has one of the brake lines rusted thru?
also the master cyl may have sprung a leak into the booster... all posibilities..
Well im out of ideas tonight.... have you fixed it?
I have a similar problem with my old C.D.T mock.. he has the pedal almost to the floor... it has new rear wheel cylinders, we replaced the booster and master cylinder.. and has been thoroughly bled... but it still goes to the floor..
Oh.. a thought to hand.. adjust the master cylinder in the cabin... where it bolts to the brake pedal.. this will take up a bit of the slack!.. well it will help anyway!

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: