HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ATTN: HyperTG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: ATTN: HyperTG Reply with quote

Dude, did you put the 12a in your gem yourself?
I'm looking into dropping a 13b into my coupe and was just wondering if you had any major problems?
I'll do my proper research tonight.
Thanks mate!
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: HyperTG Reply with quote

hey man, how's it going,
the 12a is actually in my rx7... to get it into a gemini, i think you need a custom sump, different crossmember and engine mounts. what 13b engine do you plan on putting in the coupe? carby? efi? turbo? from speaking to people who do conversions, the carby engines will be cheaper to put in because there is less fucking around with the electrical side of things.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: HyperTG Reply with quote

I want a series 5 13b and will most probably go for a carb. I would love an EFI turbo setup but I believe it would be over the max capacity for a turbo engine in a gemmi. Would have to check prices to see whether I'd go EFI even without the turbo.
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: HyperTG Reply with quote

you can get a series 4/5 efi 13b for around $1000. try SSS automotive in NSW. go to dysonrotary.com.au and they have prices on carbies and manifolds to give you a rough idea.
ExGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: HyperTG Reply with quote

Where are you 82evo?? I'll have a s413b efi with standard computer and s4 turbo 5 speed gearbox for sale in a couple of weeks, $1500.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: HyperTG Reply with quote

Brisbane mate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: