HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

what do you think?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 11:58 am    Post subject: what do you think? Reply with quote

This is for site related chat. What do you think of the site? what do you want to see added in the future. sock it to us!
Mark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: what do you think? Reply with quote

Quick question....How often are we gonna have to punch in that password? If its gonna have to happen every time we enter the forum, or even once a week when we enter the forum shouldnt you use passwords chosen by oursleves? Ones that we can remember rather than using half the alphabet?
Im no computer programmer so I have no idea how much harder this is to set up, but youll lose half your readers if they cant be bothered searching through old emails looking for passwords that make no sense......just a thought
joe
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: what do you think? Reply with quote

Yep Valid question too. You can change your password at any time by first logging in then clicking "profile" at the top of the screen. Also if you don't click "logout" you will remail logged in for up to 1 week. This means that you can log in, do what you want to do, switch off your machine and come back anytime within 1 week and you will still be logged in, you don't even have to enter your username and password again. This value (1 week) can be changed of course but I thought 1 week was enough, it covers situations like if someone logs in in a library, internet cafe or other shared computer then they forget to log out. I can easily add an option to the login screen that gives you the option of never being loged out, I don't really like that idea as people neen to understand the security implications, but if enough people ask for it....

hope this helps, I'll add a short summary of how to use the forum in the signup email.
Rodolphe
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: what do you think? Reply with quote

Good work, loading times are heaps faster now. Good move !!
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: what do you think? Reply with quote

its siiiik
keep it up
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: what do you think? Reply with quote

seems like a good idea to me Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Web Site All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: