HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Thermo Fans
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Custom
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Thermo Fans Reply with quote

Hi, I am after some info on the Davis Craig Electric Thermo fans.
I did a search and asked around and found that most ppl that run them go for the "DCSL10" model.
I have a worked 2LT so would I have to get a 12" or stick with the 10"?
Also, is there a slight power upgrade with this fan? the engine not having to spin the belt driven one?
Are they hard to install?

Thanx guys.
HighTeK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Thermo Fans Reply with quote

Easy as piss, but i don't recommend u remove the original, its good to have it incase the thermo dies.
Custom
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Thermo Fans Reply with quote

Do they shit themselves easy?
Where should I mount it for best performance? Infront of the radiator or behind it inside the engine bay?
Is it worth getting the auto thingy that turns it on or should I just run a switch into the cabin where I can turn it on when the heat go's up?
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Thermo Fans Reply with quote

They're generally pretty reliable if you buy a decent one. It depends on what you want to do with mounting, whichevers easiest for putting brackets on, i've seen em done both ways, in front if you wanna keep your original fan, or either side if you take it off. The temp controlled switch is a better idea as then its one less thing you have to think about whilst driving, but you'll really only need it sitting in traffic.
Custom
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Thermo Fans Reply with quote

I will be buying it brand new so incase it shits it self I can always take it back from where I got it and toss it through their front window, hehehe. Do you's think it wuold be a good idea to go 12" or will a 10" do the job fine? Keeping in mind the 2LT has been worked a fair bit?
HighTeK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Thermo Fans Reply with quote

Put in the biggest one u can fit.

I regret not changing over to a better/bigger radiator before installing a thermo fan.

Cheers.
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Thermo Fans Reply with quote

Depends on the dollar difference between the two, i'd probably go with the 12", but i can't see any reason the 10" wouldnt do the job fine, as long as you hook up the thermo switch right it will just mean its not on as long with the larger one. Is it just the standard radiator??? Theres a topic on i think it was a toranan upgrade in the R&D that you may wanna look into...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Thermo Fans Reply with quote

why do u HAVE to have one just cos ya engine is worked??
it shouldnt make a difference. i had a highly worked 2L and never had a over heating problem.
after a while i took the belt driven fan off and put a 10" thermo on of a camira. got it for $10 at the wreckers. ran a switch to the cabin and turned it on when ever i was in traffic. it was on there for 2 years and they guy who has my car for the last year still has it going with no troubles.
just cos ya engin is "worked" dont mean u need a thermo
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Thermo Fans Reply with quote

spot on with that one gene
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Thermo Fans Reply with quote

ps: BALLZZZZZZ!!
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Thermo Fans Reply with quote

nice
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Thermo Fans Reply with quote

Gene, I don't "need" a thermo at the moment, the factory fan is fine. But my hip pocket is starting to itch so the thermo is the only thing I can think of at the moment hehehe, apart from a supercharger or 2, lol, but they are a little bit more pricewise than a thermo.
lol
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: WHAT CAN CUSTOM BUY WITH HIS "SPAIR" MONEY Reply with quote

save it for somehting else....
like.... hmmm.......
umm.........

fucks me.
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT CAN CUSTOM BUY WITH HIS "SPAIR" MONEY Reply with quote

a hoochie mama
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT CAN CUSTOM BUY WITH HIS "SPAIR" MONEY Reply with quote

a new sock
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: