HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

floor rust for SA's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Waterboy
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: floor rust for SA's Reply with quote

I've just been down to Just gemini's and they think that my rust on the floor and wheel arches are unrepairable and thed give me $350. That sux

http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sv&vid=408

Thats my car and I really wana get it working is there other people who car help???
Post back or ring me on (0Cool 82764671
logem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: floor rust for SA's Reply with quote

so your "show car" has rust? i thought show cars shouldn't have any rust
Waterboy
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: floor rust for SA's Reply with quote

shut up it wasn't that bad till regency serched it properly.
logem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: floor rust for SA's Reply with quote

you should of done it when it "wasn't bad" i just finished the rust in mine which was bad soo i reckon it is fixable!! just need to find someone that can weld! luckly my dad had all the stuff and could weld!
blewgem
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: floor rust for SA's Reply with quote

sounds like JUST GEMS full of shit,just want car for parts mate.any rust repairable ,time,patients,someone knows what there doing,grinder,mig etc doesnt sound that major,pitty im in noosa id do it for ya
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: floor rust for SA's Reply with quote

"it wasn't that bad till regency serched it properly."

Haha good one mate, It wasn't that bad until someone found it.

Just cos u don't notice the rust it doesnt mean it aint there Razz

Can u get a pic of the rust ? If its just only in the floor pans then it can be fixed for sure. If its spread through the chassis rail and firewall then it can still be repaired but not worth the effort really since it would take a huge amount of effort.

Everything can be fixed but its a matter of is it worth it ?
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: floor rust for SA's Reply with quote

True also. Theres a good chance if they bought it they'd fix it up, and sell it off for a couple of grand.

Or even just split it for parts, for example they could make a couple of grand alone selling off the doors, front quarters, tailgate and side panels seperately.

Eg. Side panels in decent nick go for around $200 alone.

Something to think about.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: floor rust for SA's Reply with quote

BBAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: floor rust for SA's Reply with quote

i was talking to u on the cruise about your gemi, get some pics of the floor. if it is just floor, it's just a matter cutting it out and welding in another floor, which u can buy from a wrecker, it just might take a while to find a good 1
blewgem
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: floor rust for SA's Reply with quote

yeah mate go to wreckers see if they got what ya want.if rust is that bad might pay have good look all over car,under floor,siles,gutters round roof,round windscreen,rear window,fire wall,roof colums front,center .might be past the point of no return if so not hard to change motor, running gear to other car
blewgem
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: floor rust for SA's Reply with quote

whats paint like
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: floor rust for SA's Reply with quote

its a "SHOW CAR", why even ask? hahahahaha
ExGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: floor rust for SA's Reply with quote

Mate I've seen some cars that Steve has repaired he knows what he's doing if he's telling you it's not fixable it probably means that it will cost more than it's worth. Do you think a wreckers will buy a car off you for what they make in parts???? They are a business and a business needs to make money to survive sure you can get some back yarder in Noosa to do a bodgy it still won't pass an inspection. Regency know Steves work and normally recommend people to him. After reading the two page defect report for this vehicle of which 90% of it refered to rust I had a figure of at least 2 grand in repair bills is the car worth that????
blewgem
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: floor rust for SA's Reply with quote

FU...cken back yarder,your a FU...cken wank exgerm ,worked 3 panel shops ,seen fixed,everything ,guess you been there done thet DS .dont read F....ken reports we just fix the f....cken cars.
ExGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: floor rust for SA's Reply with quote

There is not a gap of 6 inches without a hole in the floor so the WHOLE floorpan needs to be replaced the inner guards need replacing and you would do this for less than what the car is worth????? The only sellable things on the car are bonnet, hatch, gearbox and motor and maybe the interior if you find the right person. You were quick to judge my mate and his business blewgem but obviously don't like to be judged yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: