HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

what turbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coupetx
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: what turbo Reply with quote

i have a g180 dohc, i'm just replacing and decompressing the bottom end and i haven't desided on what head work im doing, but i'm wondering what turbo to run, i want good range of power with out it costing a shit load, by the way its efi
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: what turbo Reply with quote

t28 and t3 seems pretty popular. as for head work, crow cams makes a turbo cam 3000 - 7000rpm, so either use that or a standard cam, long duration cams are unsuitable. Porting the head and throttle body should give big gains aswell. I think porting the head on a turbo engine is meant to give up to 40% more flow than stock. on a n/a engine it is 20%.
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: what turbo Reply with quote

i read a whole article in hot 4s how porting was the very last thing u do to a turbo car as the power gain isnt that great.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: what turbo Reply with quote

"posted by tx1975 on Mon May 5 20:37:01 2003, ip logged

i read a whole article in hot 4s how porting was the very last thing u do to a turbo car as the power gain isnt that great. "

thats true!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: what turbo Reply with quote

hey mate who are you getting to make the exhaust manifold
what pistons are you using and how much approx do you think it will cost you
coupetx
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: what turbo Reply with quote

i'm a apprentice machanic and i still contemplating the turbo idea, i was going to get the manifold made down victor harbour for around 200, the pistons i'm getting track down for me, if there any suitable around, in a few days i will know more about them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: