HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Attn : DR GEM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Attn : DR GEM Reply with quote

So the tx "big valve" head has 42mm inlet valves, while the TC and TD heads also have 42mm valves but not as good airflow? How do you tell the diff between the earlier heads (42mm valves) as compared to the TE?

cheers
DR_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn : DR GEM Reply with quote

Not all TD heads have 42mm valves. What i;m saying is the ones that do do not have the same head design as the better tx head, even if they might have the same size inlet valves. 2mm aint no real big shit in valve size, but the port behind the valve is. The TE head compared to the smaller valved TD head you mean? (the ones with 40mm valves) - thats what my question is. I dont know where my head is from?
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Attn : DR GEM Reply with quote

what im trying to say is would these 42mm TD heads raise the compression ratio lets say by putting it on a TF bottom end (8.3:1 to 8.7:1 like the td engines?)

i want to know what to look for when i go hunting a higher-comp head for my G180z

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: