HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WTB: Engine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasabi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: WTB: Engine Reply with quote

allo...
I want to buya new engine, preferably a 2 Litre or so, i am going to turbo it...it would be nice if someone could lead me in the direction of a G200 DOHC or a G180, these seem to be hard to find.
Anyhow, thanks..

wasabi
Mr DOHCT
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: "hard to find" hence them being expensive! Reply with quote

people will say u can pick them up a dohc for $80 or some shit like that but thats a once in a lifetime opportunity and they probably bought it off someone who dont know about dohc's. ive got a dohc injected rebuilt which i wanna sell. it hasnt even been run in yet.

email me at gemiart@hotmail.com
crazygemiowner
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: "hard to find" hence them being expensive! Reply with quote

yeah what sort and how much......
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: "hard to find" hence them being expensive! Reply with quote

yeh doch is seriuos its a good deal, the dude who brought a doch 1800 4 $80 works at the wreckers he got it from, and it needs a complete rebuild as its all in peices, if i had the money i would buy your engine cause it would b good power and reliable.

chris...
coupetx
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: "hard to find" hence them being expensive! Reply with quote

i'm the dude that bought the g180 dohc motor for $80, it wasn't in peices when i got, it would have run, i just thought i might as well rebuild cause it is out of the car. i got the gearbox, alternator, starter, loom, ram tubes, all efi gear, exuast manifolds, distributer, air flow meter and mounts. i was looking to turbo this motor, but it is way to dificult to get parts for. u have to up grase oil pump fuel pump pistons, redo all your crank and bearing, not to mention you have to find some one that can make manifolds to suit the turbo. i just think i will rebuild the engine with a little work to it to make it put out about 150hp but thats it. it will easy beat the stock gemi motor, email me if u want 2 know any more. chrisamez26@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: