HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HUGE engine problem help!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: HUGE engine problem help!!! Reply with quote

hi guys my TC 1.6 Man. gem is playing up big time
the charge light came on when I was driving home from work friday night.

Im like Hmm i kept driving then the car stalls.
im like shit!
i pull over the car starts up again clean as, like nuthing was wrong.
I start driving 10 metres up the car does the same thing. full on stops

I had to get the car towed home.
i dunno what the problem is?
the car starts like there is nuthing wrong then it full on just cuts out?
any idea's?

i thought the petrol pump? but I dont understand y the charge liight came on?

please help me?
DR_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: HUGE engine problem help!!! Reply with quote

Depending on several assumptions, the symptoms u describe tell me its alternator... take it to mechanic or auto electrician. Could be one of a million things but yeah im guessing alternator
blewgem
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: HUGE engine problem help!!! Reply with quote

yeah mate sounds like the alternator,might be plug connection onto alternator,loose male connectors in plug,can fix with small pointy pliers or small flat blade screw driver.had same prob with my gem a little while back,was loose connection
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: HUGE engine problem help!!! Reply with quote

its alternator
mine packed in last night was driving then all of a sudden the batery light came on and master warning so i had to take it easy driving home only stalled it once gotta heel and toe big time so it dont stall
lights also started to dim

replaced it today and its fixed $90 swap over one ddi it my self easy as

i knew mine was on the way out as it was rattely as

hope this helps
Andrew
pig75
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: HUGE engine problem help!!! Reply with quote

when the alternator stops working the fule pump stops. only on TX,TC,TD and TE models
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: HUGE engine problem help!!! Reply with quote

Before you spend money on an alternator check your fuel pump and ignition could fuse. It could be loose or dodgey. When they go the charge light comes on and you will lose fuel pump and coil.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: HUGE engine problem help!!! Reply with quote

if i were you i'd be having a tantrum and throwing tools around the place, but other than that i'd do as 82evo just said!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: HUGE engine problem help!!! Reply with quote

Fusible link or alternator. The fusible link is a piece of wire about 10cm long with a white plug on each end and is located + lead to the ignition from the battery check this first as they are least expensive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: