HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HELP PEOPLE HOW WOULD I
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: HELP PEOPLE HOW WOULD I Reply with quote

ok how can u keep an engine on a stand for like 2 years without it seizing? will it work if i put flashlube shit in it cover it up with a tarp and turn it over every now and again?

what are my options what expreriences have u guys had and any tips welcome
cheers
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: HELP PEOPLE HOW WOULD I Reply with quote

put oil in it and cover all the water holes
and turn it by hand every week
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: HELP PEOPLE HOW WOULD I Reply with quote

and will that work?
like i just wana make sure
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: HELP PEOPLE HOW WOULD I Reply with quote

also this will be like freshly rebuilt as in new rings bearings and shi they wont suffer from sitting for like a couple years? even if u keep turnen it and keep it all coverd nicley?
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: HELP PEOPLE HOW WOULD I Reply with quote

my new enginehas been sitting scince december and all i have done is put oil in it. If u are unsure talk to your engine reconditioner and say that it may sit for a coupla months and he may say just put oil in it and thats it
pig farmer
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: HELP PEOPLE HOW WOULD I Reply with quote

I have some experiance with aircraft engines. You should keep it under cover in a dry and cool place. Cover it with a tarp. Try to plug up any holes, so bugs and dirt can't get in. Turning it over once in a while will help. After maybe two years of storage when you start it, it might blow abit of blue smoke to start with until it cleans itself out, and then you will be fine.
blewgem
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: HELP PEOPLE HOW WOULD I Reply with quote

why engine sit for 2 years,gem shit itself?
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: HELP PEOPLE HOW WOULD I Reply with quote

nah well like its a super engine worked and shit and like its manual and i dont have manual license so worse comes to worse i gota wait 2 years till i got full license so i can legaly drive it i wana get the gem painted aswell b4 hand so yeah
pig farmer
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP PEOPLE HOW WOULD I Reply with quote

If you really want to keep it clean you should drain the oil and put inhibitor in the engine.
Thirsty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP PEOPLE HOW WOULD I Reply with quote

Maybe you could answer your phone...Dan
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP PEOPLE HOW WOULD I Reply with quote

my fj has been siting for about 5 months and i vent touched it.
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP PEOPLE HOW WOULD I Reply with quote

my brother had a motor sitting in his shed for about 10 months, then my motor shit itself in my work car, so i put his motor in, started first kick, never turned the engine over while it was sitting around.
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP PEOPLE HOW WOULD I Reply with quote

My mechanic reckons u pour diesel oil into the bores, something about repeling water and sealing everything together.

GeminiCoupe-
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP PEOPLE HOW WOULD I Reply with quote

take out the plugs and put oil down the bores from the top.. this will stop the rings growing on the side of the bore and creating grooves..also to stop the block corroding out in the water jackets... get water soluble oil(cutting oil)and fill the cooling system with it to stop corrosion..and like the others have said cover it up and sealall holes so wasps ect cannot bring dirt dust etc into the block
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP PEOPLE HOW WOULD I Reply with quote

dont know how it works melb,cant you just go for manual licience,or cost to much?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: