HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ignition coil fuse, I think

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
81_TE_gem

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: ignition coil fuse, I think Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the the little thing next to the ignition coil is a fuse or not. Cause my gem hasn't started for like 2 weeks (since i degreased the engine) and whne i went to turn it on today to see if it worked this thing, whatever it may be, started smoking. If it is a fuse why would it start smoking. I don;t care about the car getting started just want to know what the thing is?
Cheers
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: ignition coil fuse, I think Reply with quote

the ballast resistor, little white thing, it keeps the voltage down for ur points, u can bypass it by cutting the wires off each side and joining them together, only thing wrong with this is ur points will have to be replaced more often.
DOHC_TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: ignition coil fuse, I think Reply with quote

Sounds like the ballast resistor. It will smoke if there is too much current goin in to it. Check it with a multimeter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: