HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

2 scoops?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: 2 scoops? Reply with quote

i am considering the possibility of putting 2 scoops on the bonet of my gem. would that look shit you rekon? opinions please
PhilC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 scoops? Reply with quote

No offence but I reckon it would look pretty gay. What type of scoops are they? I want to get Cosworth bonnet vents on mine. I think they look pretty good.
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 scoops? Reply with quote

havnt gotten them yet. i also think it would look a bit gay but i do want 2. 1 for the intercooler and one for the turbo to get air from.
PhilC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 scoops? Reply with quote

why don't you get a front mount intercooler?
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 scoops? Reply with quote

more piping that way. want to keep it to an absolute minimum. gues i coud just do so interesting duct work for the air for th turbo. then i will only have the 1 scoop. and it will be cloe to the carby so people will think it is just for cold air
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 scoops? Reply with quote

get a wrx type scoop
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 scoops? Reply with quote

dont much like the looks of them. i was thinking off the new turbo tritons would be cool
NATHMAN
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 scoops? Reply with quote

get one off a holden jakeroo there made for an intercooled turbo donk and there off a holden as well
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 scoops? Reply with quote

i am looking at lots of the intercooled fourbys. some of the scopes have definate potential
pig farmer
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 scoops? Reply with quote

Wicked your getting a scoop!!! They don't really look gay, but it depends on the place you put it, or where your turbo gear is. High performance cars have scoops. Drag cars have scoops and now your car will. I've seen drag cars with the flip up lights like the mx-5, take out one of the lights and mount a vent inside the flip up housing. Would work but not if your driving on the road.

riceboi
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: 2 scoops? Reply with quote

get a subie scoop, like from the 90's models subarus. I saw this hot as red gemini going down the road in melbourne once and it looked really nice with the scoop and shit, didnt look out of place at all
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: 2 scoops? Reply with quote

where can you get a subie scoop do you recon atubarn or something will sell it, i have always wanted one and soon i will need it. help appreciated, nate
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: 2 scoops? Reply with quote

yeah ring around at places like that, bodykit shops and the like, you could probably get one from a jap wrecker maybe...well ya never know
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: 2 scoops? Reply with quote

yup id say go look at one off a turbo diesel jackaroo. The 2000-> models are pretty wide and from memory the jackaroo only uses the left part of it.
84TGEMI
Mr DOHCT
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: 2 scoops? Reply with quote

2 scoops? hmmmm i dont think that would look very good....thats my opinion

dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: