HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

SR 20 Handbrake woes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NVD247

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: SR 20 Handbrake woes Reply with quote

Hi all,
I was just wandering what everyone does with the handbrake when they do their nissan conversions? with my sr box, the shifter hits it when its down. My mate moved the whole little box section back , but that sounds like 2 much work.
I was thinkin of cutting/bending the handbrake? anyone done this b4? I spose the FJs have the same probs so surely someone can help b4 i waste my time hackin it
cheers
micky
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: SR 20 Handbrake woes Reply with quote

make ya engin moutns and gearbox mounts so that the engine sits 1-2 inchs forward. simple
or make a remote shifter. dont look that hard
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: SR 20 Handbrake woes Reply with quote

another way is if you use the rear half of a bluebird gearbox, it will bolt together with the sr box and will move the selector forward so it won't hit.
NVD247

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: SR 20 Handbrake woes Reply with quote

Nah that all sounds like too much work, as its all been done. I think Ill just hack and bend Wink
thanx anyway fellas
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: SR 20 Handbrake woes Reply with quote

u could always put one of those old school ones under the dash
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: SR 20 Handbrake woes Reply with quote

or a foot one!
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: SR 20 Handbrake woes Reply with quote

This isn't a solution, but it's weird anyway.

I've seen that those early Rodeos that used the G180 and G200 Gemini engines also came with column shiftus actuation for their gear selection.

So get yourself a mint TX sedan, white wall it and fit some rear venetians and a sunshane across the windscreen, get a bench seat out of a Corona and convert it to column shift.

All it needs is some hydraulics.

That would be cool (if stupid).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: