HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

just wondering......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitchell
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: just wondering...... Reply with quote

hey all, i was just wondering what mods can be done with keeping all the emmissions gear on the head of a 1600. like could you modify the standard carby? change the block over to a 1800 or 2L? port and pollish, get the engine balanced etc...
coz i wouldnt mind getting a few more horses but keep the engine to regency's standards so that i dont get screwed over if i ever have to go there again.
cheers.
mitchell.

p.s: i will be leaving the pano the way it is.
DR_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: just wondering...... Reply with quote

Do a search u will be surprised what u will learn.
If you wanna retain the pollution gear, i would go for the g200 with pollution head and run it as normal, only have the head ported, decked bout 40thou, then rebuild bottom end with balanced rotating mechanicals (crank), and wack in a monster cam with nice extractors and 21/4' exhaust. Should go hard and still retain legality. Will look the same to a dog when he pulls ya over cos it looks like a gem engine only stamped with g200 on other side....

Ur choice, goodluck!
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: just wondering...... Reply with quote

I though cams were illigal (cops wise) not street wise

im getting one in the next couple months along with a bigger carb
who cares just keep all your old bit in case you do get defected

though im not runnign pollution gear now any way
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: just wondering...... Reply with quote

my car was roadworthied by a servo mechanic with no pollution gear a cam, webber, extractors, no washers, 2 1/4 exhaust big turbo muffler and big mags, dont worry what you do its only a little bit of money that you dont really need i have been pulled over by the cops heaps of times but the only time i have been defected is when i got done for bald tyres.

she'll be right, nate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: