HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Grill Cutting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Grill Cutting Reply with quote

I want to cut the egg crate grill stuff out of my grill. How do i do it?

Cheers
TuFf
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Grill Cutting Reply with quote

tx grille? egg crate???? if its the tx grille ur on about, u can take the grille off the car and on the back there is 6 sgrews that hold the mesh?! on.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Grill Cutting Reply with quote

Nah its a RB
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: pfft angle grinder Reply with quote

hey mate,

i did it about 3 years back; there isnt a great deal of support for the bar, so i got rid of it all completely and lined it with mesh; youll end up with two holes where the horizontal bar was, just tape them up from the front and bog from the back and itll end up smooth.when i send the pics youll see what i mean, it looks a shitload better than the 'granny grille'.

cheers,
justin
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: forgot to mention Reply with quote

i used one of those handheld thingies with the hacksaw blade in them; ensures a reasonably smooth finish though dont forget to sand it smooth afterwards with some fine sandpaper
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Goons Reply with quote

When you cut out the horizontal bar did you leave the holden logo etc there? I should probably paint it to. Do i need anything for that? Or just primer? I would probably do a light sand / 1 primer coat / 2 black / 2 clear or is that to much?

Cheers
TuFf
cHiCkZ LoVe It

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Goons Reply with quote

get a can of plastic primer (which is clear in colour) and follow the directions (probably 2-3 coats of that and the spray it the colour you want (2-3 coats) and then 2 clear is good
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Goons Reply with quote

the horizontal bar flopped around too much so i got rid of it completely. i hit it with a shit load of spray putty where i chopped the bars out, couple of coats of colour and a couple more of clear. looks choice.

laters,
justin
pig farmer
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Goons Reply with quote

Sorry I must be slow. Are you guys cutting out the horizontal bars on the front grill of the RB. I'm thinking of doing it and then getting that wire mesh and putting it behind the grill. Have u thought about modifying the front and rear bumper by cutting the sides to make it look more like a body kit bumper??? I've seen it done. Though if you stuff it up, your pretty much rooted.

riceboi
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Goons Reply with quote

Ok i cut it. I did a pretty rough job but it is'nt noticable until u really get close and have a look at it. I will fix it up later. Did you cut the grill section out of the bumper goons? Did you mesh it up? Also on the Mags i sprayed them black in the 4 groove things. Looks good. Would look better if they were bare metal though. Thanks for your help guys!

Cheers
TuFf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: