HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Rubbing Noise From Front!??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Rubbing Noise From Front!?? Reply with quote

Hey guys,
Just after a bit of help. For the last couple of weeks whenever i get about about 60 my fron left wheel starts to make this rubbing noise. Not a squealing or grinding, like a "brrrrrrrr". When i either put my foot on the brake or turn the wheel to the left it always stops, but as soon as i go straight again or take my foot off the brakes it comes back.

I thought it may have been pressure buildup in the front caliper, and i bled that today and no difference.

Also, under hard braking the front left is the only one that locks up??

When spinning the disc by hand there is a slight binding, about three turns before it stops

Maybe a master cylinder, but how does that explain the turning to the left and noise going away business?

Whats a new master cylider worth? reco, second hadn, wreckers? Essy to put in?

Thanks guys,
Jus
HighTeK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Rubbing Noise From Front!?? Reply with quote

I think you r missing the spring that holds the pads off the disk while your driving, that would explain the noise, as for pulling to the left, My car does this as well, I think its because i didn't bleed the front correctlly.

And yes I have new pads in the front.

Cheers.
nerd
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Rubbing Noise From Front!?? Reply with quote

It sounds like the wheel bearing to me, dose it do it around right hand corners? if yes change your bearing! Get a new one from CBC they are easy to change.

Bleeding your brakes is done to remove air bubbles not pressure, you want pressure.
blewgem
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Rubbing Noise From Front!?? Reply with quote

check piston in brake caliper might be stuck brake shoe clips might be loose or gone
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Rubbing Noise From Front!?? Reply with quote

yeah check wheel bearing and also the caliper for brake fluid that left caliper ahs always blown when pad is low.

A new cylinder is $150 from perth brake parts in welshpool. the rebuild it and test it to make sure it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: