HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: please help Reply with quote

what can i put in my gem to make it quick but not radical, without having the added expence of changing tailshafts, clutches, diffs and brakes? please help
DR_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: please help Reply with quote

Weber, 30/70 cam, shaved head, port head and manifold urself (takes bout 4-5 hours), extractors and 2 inch exhaust. Recurve dizzy and pull off any pollution gear if u have any and block the diaphragm outlets on head.

cost bout 5 - 600 bucks if u shop aroundand will give ur average twin cam corolla and swifts and shit a run. Will keep up with rexy in first and second if ur a good driver too..
hope this helps, i just wish someone would help me with my dilemma (posted below)
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: please help Reply with quote

i have already shaved the head 60thou, better pistons better rings bored ported and polishedbig race cam extractors 5spd i got all that i wanna know like quick i mean beat commodores you kno thanx for that tho, i mean like is it worth getting a 2L heavily worked and supercharged, or does anyone have any info on drago's supercharged 1800 wagon, i am interested in something like that i have 3000.

thanx nate
DR_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: please help Reply with quote

You want BALLS??

Go Turbo - No other Solution unless u got $10K to spend on an N/A motor that will only run on Avgas\C16 Race Fuel.

Take it from me though (at the moment i;m confused as all fuck) - Start with a fresh, stock, untouched motor before u begin ur quest for turbo - Believe me its not worth the hassle of trying to make things suit to a turbo from your current high compression setup - BTW - 60 Thou off the Head???? Thats a touch over 3mm - with a race cam, and no flycuts or valve relief... Shit, must be running fuck all timing.
Anyway , yeah go turbo mate
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: please help Reply with quote

u should already be beating most dunnydores, my g180 had a shaved head, cam, extractors and port work and i was beatin most commondores!
HighTeK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: please help Reply with quote

with all that work to the motor, it should fly high.

It must be working backwards or something.

Did u get the carby rejetted or replaced with a better one (webber), get this checked out by a pro. even when u got the extrators the carby would have needed to be rejetted again for more fuel.

Did u advance the timming anuf for the cam??

Have u thort about modifiying the crank??

Hope u sovle it. U don't need $3K to make a gemi go hard.

cheers.
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: please help Reply with quote

Your original reasoning is pretty stoopid if you ask me, you really want to make a car fast but not upgrade the brakes to suit that, i've upgraded my brakes and suspension before doing any performance mods, you would want a car to beat commodores, but with only the crap original gemini brakes, its people like you that make the road a dangerous place, think seriously about what you're doing, thats just fucking stoopid...
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: please help Reply with quote

no cockhead, did you hear what i said, i said i wanted something quick but not radical, and no i dont beat commies at the moment i get the occasional auto vk, i dont want to turbo cause they r pretty untrustworthy on an old car and cost heaps to get suited right, thank you for the help that i may have got.
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: please help Reply with quote

well guys i found a new engine its a 2L in melbourne with 3 months warranty so i guess thats guarenteed to go and now all i wanna know is what kw do they have stock, i might be getting ripped too, but this is with everything from 5spd gearbox to fan alternator starter motor, so yer 1200 for that then i will work on it a bit and get it flyin, catch nate
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: please help Reply with quote

Sorry bud i still say you're an idiot, think of what you're doing, you are increasing the power oooh lets say for example 20% (i'd say more with a 2l), now you are using a brake system which is not only pretty crappy anyways for a 1600, but you are not increasing it in proportion to you're power upgrades. I understand what you are looking at, no turbo blah blah, brake upgrades are not a radical mod, some are quite simple, they are a safety mod you fool, i'd prefer to be able to stop better than put that money into speed initially. Think about it, i'm not sayin you in particular, but anyone who is stoopid enough to do heaps of speed work and no saftey is asking for trouble, if you don't believe me just have a quick chat to an engineer, if you've evr raced or experienced brake fade you'd be upgrading your brake in a second...
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: please help Reply with quote

yer i understand where you are getting at but the shit thing about all of this is i need money because if i am going faster i will need to fix up under the car aswell but yer i need to talk to someone who has heavily rebuilt a 2L and what they have done to thier car to make it alot safer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: