HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

PIAZZA EFI???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackgem
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: PIAZZA EFI??? Reply with quote

I have a 1600 with a T3 turbo that has a drawthrough SU. Im going to put EFI on it, There has been a couple of Piazza efi kits for sale but thay havent had any loom at all.
I need some info! Do i need the piazza loom as i will be useing a after market computer? Not sure what wireing i need with the kit?

Any help would be good thanks,

cheers scott.
DR_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: PIAZZA EFI??? Reply with quote

You'll get bout 6-8 ft worth of loom if u buy a brand new ecu anyway. Plus, a lot of the wiring from the piazza looms may not be used or might not be usable on ur ecu. go aftermarket - dont listen to these Delco freaks who luv remapping everything. go for a microtech or haltech if ur budget stretches and make sure u get the hand controller.
blackgem
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: PIAZZA EFI??? Reply with quote

So i dont need any loom with the piazza kit.does the after market computers come with every thing to wire it up?

scott
DR_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: PIAZZA EFI??? Reply with quote

Depends what aftermarket unit u use. Most do (like Microtech, Link Haltech etc) but it just depends. Are u planning on running all the sensors that the Piazza had (including 02, Speed sensor on gearbox, TPS, CTS, MAP sensor etc)? if not theres no need to get the standard loom, just use the one supplied with a brand new one. I'd recommend getting a sparky to install an ecu though as it is a very complex project unless u have an electrical background at the very least.
blackgem
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: PIAZZA EFI??? Reply with quote

Do i need any of the sensors? I think i will use microtech or one of them? All that is with the kit is inlet manifold,injecters,fuel rails,modified dizzy.

scott
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: PIAZZA EFI??? Reply with quote

Id probably get new sensors. All you need is an 02, water temp, and if you really want one an air temp sensor. 02 and water are about $150 for both from microtech. You will also need to get the injector plugs, and one for the TPS and water temp. And the loom has everything else you need on it.

Loz
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: PIAZZA EFI??? Reply with quote

Most microtechs also have an onboard map sensor, just need to run a vacuum hose to a nozzle in the computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: