HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Probably not the right Place!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zach85
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Probably not the right Place! Reply with quote

This probably isn't the right place to be asking but considering they are a similar year car, i thought i might give it a try.

i have a 1985 MB Barina that im looking at doing up, people tell me it's not worth it and that im wasting my time... the whole point is to prove them wrong.

being a suzuki untill you whack holden badges on it, im guessing that a suzuki body kit is going to fit on it and the extractors and exhaust arent a problem because im having that done, but the thing that has got me is exactly what i can do to the engine (1.3ltr) to get it off the line that bit quicker (apart form the exhaust) and the bodykit which isnt a huge problem.

any advice would be GREAT!

thanx in advance.
thanomis
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Probably not the right Place! Reply with quote

hay man i have a ml barina 87 aswell as a gemini umm if you want to talk me e-mail me or add me to msn nicejubjubs@hotmai.com
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Probably not the right Place! Reply with quote

I went home fmor a night club in the boot of one of them one night... not really roomy! actually I think it was an early 80's model
thanomis
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Probably not the right Place! Reply with quote

did you say boot? lol
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Probably not the right Place! Reply with quote

well they called it a boot but whetever it was there wasnt much of it!
Zach85
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Probably not the right Place! Reply with quote

mine doesnt have a boot as such, spesh being a 4 door hatch =P (the 2 12" subs dont leave much room either)

heres a link to its page.

http://www.eur0tek.com/cars/eur0tek-1985barina.htm
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Probably not the right Place! Reply with quote

yeah thats the model that I went home in the 'boot' of Razz
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Probably not the right Place! Reply with quote

haha i almost got in the boot of one of those, exgf ended up jumping in and there were golf clubs in there as well

she wasn't happy lol
Zach85
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Probably not the right Place! Reply with quote

how do you fit golfclubs in the boot of a barina? spesh the same model as mine? the boot in mine is full just from the box the 2 12"s are in! let alone a person!
Zach85
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Probably not the right Place! Reply with quote

im hearing alot of "if your going to go turbo, do it from your stock engine" this being said (and being my best choice) should i be leaving the stock 1.3l suzuki engine in the barina and having the exhaust work done, any other mods that are legal for me to drive on my p's??

or am i totally in the wrong place asking things like this?
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Probably not the right Place! Reply with quote

what about the gti engine?
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Probably not the right Place! Reply with quote

Barinas are the same as a suzuki swift arent they??? If so the swift came out with a GTI version that had a twin cam 1.3L putting out 100Hp i think.... G13B DOHC 16V
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Probably not the right Place! Reply with quote

haha beat ya
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Probably not the right Place! Reply with quote

I no... i was just looking on google to find the engine number and specs and i go back and see..
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Probably not the right Place! Reply with quote

meh, his car, give him the basics and let him do the math
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: